3 Ways to Stick It: Keeping Up With Your New Years Resolution

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mass Amherst chapter.

It’s about to be the first week of February and you’re going strong keeping up with your New Year’s resolution. But like every other New Year’s resolution you’ve made, it doesn’t last forever. Here are some tips and tricks to aid you in sticking and succeeding with your “resolution.”

1. You’re helping yourself become a better you: Resolutions are firm decisions to do or not do. This means that you have the power to make a lifestyle change permanently to benefit yourself. Get yourself out of the mentality that it’s only for a short amount of time, you’re doing this for you!

2. Don’t try to over achieve: Make sure you’re not going too hard on yourself too fast. Continue making your lifestyle change gradual. If you’re attempting to eat healthier and you have a cookie, it’s not the end of the world. It’s a transition!

3. Have a solid support system: Surround yourself with people that will bounce positive energy and support towards you. And trust me this is a good idea in itself.

Stick to it Collegiettes!

Just keep smiling! I love hanging out with my friends, movies, and staying fit. I love Umass Amherst and hope to bring a little insight and flare into your life with some advice, tips, and tricks I have up my sleeve.
Contributors from the University of Massachusetts Amherst