For the Health of It!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Maine chapter.

For the Health of It

Lemon Water

Lemon Water has three surprising health benefits for you! A) It’s a natural energizer! It hydrates and oxygenates the body so you feel revitalized and refreshed. B) Its cleansing. NaturalNews.com says that the citric acid in lemons helps your body maximize enzyme function, which stimulates your liver and aids in detoxification. C) It aids in digestion. This killer combo will help flush your body out.

A Mother’s Love
How is your relationship with your mother affecting your weight? According to a new study published in the journal Pediatrics, people who had a poor bond with their mothers as toddlers were more than twice as likely to be obese by the time they were teenagers…

Alcohol and Your Health
When you drink, do you “change”? Researchers at Ohio State University say that people who “change” when they drink may have trouble controlling it. Researchers have long known that alcohol is a so-called “de-inhibitor”(which is why you said that embarrassing thing in front of your boss at the last Christmas party!), but for some people, it might make you downright mean. People who are naturally more competitive and aggressive when they are not drinking tend to be even more so when drinking because when intoxicated, they are less likely to be aware of the consequences of their actions.

Super Seeds
Chia seeds are tiny seeds that are absolutely loaded with omega 3 oils, fiber and protein. When liquid is added to them they expand – meaning, when they hit your stomach they’ll take up a lot of space and help keep you feeling full for longer. Alone, they don’t have a lot of taste, but sprinkle them into your oatmeal or top your fave yogurt and enjoy!

Sugary Drinks Might Be Breaking Hearts
A new study suggests that women who drink two or more sugary beverages a day are at increased risk for heart disease and diabetes ( even if the extra sugar calories aren’t causing her to gain weight). Women in the study were close to four times as likely to have high levels of blood fats and impaired blood sugar levels. 

photo credit: google images