Your Guide to Mastering the Brands of Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

When it comes to finding makeup, it’s easy to get lost in all of your options. Figuring out whether you want liquid or powder foundation is the easy part, but once you see just how many are on the market it’s hard to pick just one. Here’s your guide to the best brands to turn to for a few specific beauty products.

Brow Products – Anastasia Beverly Hills

When it comes to brows, Anastasia is the master! Their options range from a subtler brow to super bold. If you’re in need of a more structured and filled in brow, Anastasia is your girl!

Foundations/Concealer – Cover FX

There are so many awesome foundations and concealers on the market that do all kinds of different things. Cover FX offers, in my opinion, some of the best. Their thick consistency offers awesome coverage that lasts all day long.

Highlighters – Becca Cosmetics

Everybody loves to add a beautiful glow to their skin! Becca has several highlighters that will make your skin look luminous and healthy. They are known to have some of the best-formulated and universal highlighters in the beauty industry.

Mascara – Maybelline

Yes, a drugstore brand! Maybelline has a huge selection of mascaras that are all awesome! You are bound to find one that suits your preferences, and you can’t beat the price!

Eye Shadow – Makeup Geek

Makeup Geek is a brand that is expanding quickly. They have great prices and amazing eye shadows, along with a ton of other products. Their shadows come in a huge range of shades and finishes, are super easy to blend, and are intensely pigmented.

Lipstick – MAC Cosmetics

When it comes to lipstick, MAC has everyone beat by far in my book. They have the largest selection of colors and the formula is incredible. They’re all super pigmented and easy to apply. Definitely a must have in any beauty girl’s collection!

UD '18
Amanda Schuman is a junior at the University of Delaware. She is currently majoring in communications with a concentration in mass media and double minoring in journalism and interactive media. Amanda is passionate about all things communications whether it's social media, public relations, writing or just networking. In her free time she can be found watching sit-coms on Netflix, with a book in hand or eating anything sweet. You can follow her @bluehen_amanda