wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
wolfgang hasselmann TwLGzTFFFio unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Girl, You Don’t Need Him

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

He doesn’t care about you. That’s blunt I know, but trust me, you don’t mean anything to him. He doesn’t keep promises, he doesn’t text you back, and he makes you question your self-worth. You deserve better. The person you’re meant to be with won’t make you feel useless and undeserving of a real love. You have to accept that he’s (probably) a f**kboy and only wasting your time. Stop waiting for him to change. Stop making excuses. 

But deep down he’s a good guy. Maybe he is a good guy but he isn’t acting like it. A “good guy” wouldn’t make you question your self-worth. A “good guy” wouldn’t break plans with you every single time you try to hangout. A “good guy” wouldn’t ask for nudes. A “good guy” would treat you with the utmost respect. The right guy would make you feel like you’re on cloud nine 98% of the time. 

But what if I can change him? What if he just needs time to grow? That’s not your job. You can’t make someone be ready for what you’re ready for. You shouldn’t have to change someone in order to love them. If someone doesn’t feel the same way or want the same thing as you, then you need to let them go.

But it’s not always bad. But it’s bad most of the time. If someone is constantly making you feel horrible about yourself, ditch them. A person who loves you will respect you and won’t make you feel worthless. They’ll respect you enough to apologize when they’re wrong and take it a step further by changing their actions.  

Your 20s are meant to be your selfish years. This is the time to find yourself and figure out who you want to become. Don’t waste these years on boys who don’t matter. Don’t spend one of the greatest times in your life crying over some idiot who won’t text you back (and honestly isn’t even that cute anyway). Remember you’re a Queen and only deserve gold. 

Cover Image Source