7 Expectations We’re Hoping the Gilmore Girls Revival will Fulfill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Conn chapter.

Break out the cheeseburgers and fries from Luke’s diner- this week it was announced that our favorite mother-daughter duo (Lorelei and Rory, duh) were returning with four 90-minute episodes on Netflix.  As we anxiously await their return, here are seven things we’re anticipating to see in the revival. 

Rory Gilmore…the First Woman President

The series left off with Rory scoring an incredible job as a journalist on the Obama campaign.  In the revival, we’re pretty positive that she’s taking over the world by now.  After all, if Rory Gilmore hasn’t made in big, there’s little hope for the rest of us.  #Gilmore2020 > #Yeezus2020  

Luke, Lorelei, and a little backwards hat baby

Remember in season three when Lorelei had a dream that her and Luke were expecting twins?  Here’s to hoping that was actually foreshadowing and Rory has a little brother or sister.  I mean, think of all the play dates with Sookie and Jackson’s kids.

Sister, Sister

Everyone was shocked when April dropped the bombshell in season six that her dad was Luke.  However, we’re so here for the blossoming sisterhood between Rory and April.  This bond is including, but not limited to, stealing clothes and braiding each other’s hair.

Jess + Rory Forever

Sorry to all those on #teamDean or #teamLogan, but the rest of us have been #teamJess ever since his bad boy self set foot in Stars Hallow back in season two. And who could forget his return in season six? After all, he’s the reason Rory returned to Yale and therefore we’re praying these two have since rekindled the flame.

And for all those #teamJess skeptics, see here.

Rory and Lane BFFs

Throughout the seven seasons Rory and Lane were the ultimate duo.  In the last season, Lane gave birth to twin boys and we’d love to see Rory and Lane just as close as they were then.  Are the twins as musically gifted as their mom?  Is Lane a crazy Mom like her mom was, or is she calm, cool, and collected? We need answers.

Never change, Paris Geller

It’s no doubt that Paris was the craziest and sassiest character among the entire Gilmore cast.  In the revival, we don’t doubt that she’s still barking orders and losing her cool over anything and everything.  Hopefully she has remained just as pleasant as we remember her. 

Rory and Lorelei

The main reason we love Gilmore Girls so much is because of the mother-daughter bond between the Lorelei’s.  All we ask for in the revival is to see Rory and Lorelei posted up on the couch with endless amounts of junk food, reciting every line to the movie they’re watching.