samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Finals: As Told By Sheldon Cooper and Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Arkansas chapter.

Strolling into the month before finals is the easy part. You’ve totally got this, right? Of course you do. After all, you went to every class last week. You’re on top of the world! You’re totally prepared when peasants your friends throw questions at you. You are the genius of this world, never let anyone tell you otherwise.

So you have a month before tests even start, why are these nerds already studying? Psh. You have all the time in the world. Let them waste their life away in Mullins, right?

Okay, whatever. So a week rolls by, maybe those nerds in the library had the right idea. You put down the cell phone and actually decide to crack open the Chemistry book. About two pages in, you realize the mistake you have made. Never again.

Seeing as how your brain is now dysfunctional thanks to the mind-numbing bull crap in small print, you decide it’s time for a break. A scroll through Twitter can’t hurt you, right?

That scroll through Twitter leads to another week without a textbook. Maybe not the…smartest idea. At least your friends understand. Time to crack down. Finals week is almost here. Let’s kick some ass.

…right after this pre-study break.

So, your friends have officially jumped on this whole “studying” bandwagon. You only have one response when they ask that dreaded question: “How’s studying going?”

So you join one of their study groups in Mullins.

Finals week is…what? Next week? Oh.

You’re kind of envious of your friends who have actually, you know, looked over the study guides. You’re pretty sure yours are in your desk…yeah. Somewhere.

You cram every night the week before five tests, no problem. I mean, how many hours of sleep does ONE person really need? Right? 

And then comes that point in every college’s students life when they try to save their final grade, and reach that crucial point of realzation: “I’m screwed.”

Which guy was the idiot who decided that exams should be given at 8 a.m?  

Reviewing in your head as you groggily prepare to drag yourself into the test:

Oh, come on. You spent nights preparing for this test. Sure, sleep might have been nice, but you have all the confidence in the world when you’re handed that exam paper. Summer’s almost here; this test is only thing standing in your way.

All of the tests have been bull craped, the dorm is packed and you’re ready to go. There comes a time in every Arkansas students’ life when they must check ISIS…who needs med school anyway? You’ve always wanted to be a plumber. 

GOOD LUCK WITH FINALS, LADIES AND GENTS! Enjoy your summer, and Go Hogs!

Tiffany Ward, a Junior at the University of Arkansas, joined the Her Campus Arkansas team in 2013 and now serves as the chapter President. Along with being an English major, Tiffany has a minor in Legal Studies and Pre-Law emphasis. Tiffany is a loyal member of Alpha Omicron Pi. Tiffany loves to write articles that provide advice and fun to her readers.