The Cure-All Music Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tulane chapter.

Yesterday afternoon, my friend and I were taking a walk around Audubon and venting about all the frustrations and worries in our lives; I figured that everyone is entitled to a grumpy day, right? However, there is one remedy that can help cure this so-called mid-semester slump: music! For this reason, I’ve compiled a list of 10 energy-packed songs to share with you fellow Tulanians and to serve as a reminder to stay strong during these turbulent times. 
Enjoy (and keep on smiling), my beautiful collegiates!

Click on the pink titles to be directed to YouTube:

1) Sunshine – Matisyahu

2) Marilyn Monroe – Nicki Minaj  

3) Good Day – Nappy Roots

4) Here Comes the Sun – The Beatles

5) Smokey Taboo – CocoaRosie

6) Both of Us – B.o.B. feat. Taylor Swift

7) Turn On The Lights – Future

8) Love the Way You Lie (Part 2) – Rihanna (Note: Different from the original Love the Way You Lie that came out in 2010) 

9) Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd

10) Painting – Atmosphere (One of my favorite aritsts; check out the entire album if you find yourself with some spare time!)

As always, feel free to shoot me an email (jjohns34@tulane.edu) to vent YOUR frustrations or if you are in need of some support from a friend!
HC Love,
JoEllen

JoEllen is a senior at Tulane University where she is majoring in Philosophy and Psychology. She is particularly active with the Tulane chapter of Relay for Life and spent last summer studying abroad in Bali, Indonesia, where she hopes to move some day. JoEllen loves writing, eating delicious Cajun and Creole food, and exploring the city of New Orleans.