New Campus Correspondent: Claire Hard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Name: Claire Hard

Year: 2017

Hometown: West Hartford, CT

Major: Economics Major and Communications and Media Studies Minor

What is your favorite part of being on the Her Campus Tufts team?

I love working with so many bright and motivated women! It’s fun to hear what ideas everyone comes up with at our meetings.

What is your favorite Her Campus Tufts moment thus far?

Having my Ten BuzzFeed Articles You Need To Take Article that I wrote freshman year get 400+ views every week this year even though it’s so old…  Also, at Jumbo Days, I loved having prospective students stop by our table to tell us how they love reading our articles!

What are you most looking forward to as the new Campus Correspondent?

Welcoming all the new HC members next semester! I can’t wait for more girls (and guys!) to join our team. :)

What do you hope to accomplish in your time as Campus Correspondent for HC Tufts? Any changes or new events we can expect in the fall?

I’d really like to get the Her Campus name out more at Tufts and reach more students.  Hopefully we will even get to collaborate with other student organizations (and maybe local philanthropies) as well!

What else are you involved with on the Tufts campus?

Chi Omega Treasurer, Tufts Financial Group, Tufts Student Resources Manager, and Jen’s Spin Class!

Who are your role models?

My mom, my sister, and Taylor Swift minus the cats.

Guilty pleasure?

Eating straight from a watermelon with a spoon.

If you were a drink, you would be…

Something with watermelon.

Spirit animal?

A watermelon. Actually, a long-haired Dachshund (according to Lauren Fenningdorf)

Fun fact/hidden talent?

I did dance for 14 years!

Describe yourself in three words:

I think three Emojis would best describe me:

What is your dream job?

I always wanted to be a backup dancer for Hannah Montana.

Most Tufts thing about you?

I used to stand around with my hands all floppy in front of my ribs until my mom told me I looked like a dinosaur. I don’t know if that’s “Tufts” or not, but I thought I would share it anyway.

Proudest accomplishment?

Completing this interview… I never realized how stressful these would be! Props to all the previous Campus Cuties and Celebs I have harassed for interviews.