This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

We’ve all gotten stuck in a static makeup routine of using foundation, black eyeliner, and mascara. I tend to find makeup products that I like, and use them over and over until I’m sick of them. Since variation is key, I’m going to give you a few makeup trends for this fall. Maybe you can switch up your usual makeup routine, add a pop of one of fall’s trendy makeup colors, or use some shadow to create a smokey look. The options are endless.

1. Winged Eyeliner

Winged eyeliner is absolutely huge this season! It typically looks best when worn with a neutral lip. Since getting the cat eye look just right can be difficult, definitely check out tutorials online!

2. Metallic Shadow

Metallic shadow is a must-have this season. It can be worn on the upper eyelid to create a smokey eye effect or it can also double as eyeliner on the waterline. Silver is one of the biggest shades of the season for metallic shadow.

3. Full-on Lashes

When it comes to eyelashes, the longer and fuller, the better. Spider-like lashes are also really popular this season and would be fun to try. To get this look, use an eyelash curler and then apply several coats of mascara; allow clumping to occur.  

4. Color

Lots of color is a big makeup trend this season. Two of this season’s hottest colors are blue and pink. Try a combination of blue eyeliner and bright pink blush for a daring and bright look!

5. Glowing Face

Paying attention to your skin is always important. A really popular look this fall is flawless skin with brightly colored cheeks. This creates a youthful and elegant look.

Try some of these looks for your next night out and you’ll be sure to grab everyone’s attention!

Photo sources: beautyhows.com, harpersbazaar.com