This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tufts chapter.

Once the haze of freshman infatuation with the wonder of Dewick fades, it can be easy to get stuck in a rut. Here are five sneaky tricks to spice up your meals this fall…

1. Soft serve with cereal. This one is kind of a no-brainer. Soft serve is something that’s always there for you when you need it, and so is cereal! So mix those two together and you’ve got the perfect marriage of crunchy and sweet.

2. Sriracha. So this tip essentially applies to everything. Sriracha quesadilla? Yes. Sriracha mashed potatoes? Yes. Sriracha egg breakfast burrito? Yes. Just make sure that every time you make something, ask yourself whether or not it would be better with sriracha. The answer is almost always yes.

3. Greek yogurt dip. Think outside of the box when it comes to plain Greek yogurt! Yes, fruit and cereal is a great option to pair with yogurt, but think about making yogurt into a sandwich spread or a dip for veggies. Mix it with some salt, pepper, (maybe a little Sriracha), basil pesto, olives, or tomatoes. Maybe even put some in your soup or on a baked potato instead of sour cream for a healthy swap!

4. Affogato is a traditional Italian dessert made with vanilla gelato and hot espresso poured on top. Second best to the traditional version, head to Dewick and top vanilla soft serve with a splash of dark roast coffee. Bellissimo.

5. DIY trail mix. Add everything that’s possible to add here. Mix cereal, dried cranberries, raisins, nuts, sunflower seeds, granola, coconut, chocolate chips and m&ms (if its sundae Sunday), or even dip a banana into some Nutella and then into the trail mix.

Courtney is a junior at Tufts University where she is majoring in International Relations with a double minor in Communications & Media studies and Economics. She has previously worked for Santander Bank US as a Digital Marketing Analytics Intern as well as Jumpstart Knowledge Adventure where she focused on Social Media Content Creation.