What’s Happening on Campus This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Trinity chapter.

A quick recap for events on campus this week:

Tuesday, Oct. 17:

Pie A Lambda: Pie one of the LAU (Lambda Alpha Upsilon) bros during common hour in Mather for a good cause! All proceeds go to Hurricane Matthew relief!!

Rollin’ into the New Year at Sushi in the Sukkah!: From 5pm-8pm, you can eat sushi with Hillel (in Hillel) & AASA in a sukkah  

Coming Out Stories: Coming out stories, tonight at 8pm until 11pm in Cleo! 

Wednesday, Oct. 18:

First-Generation College Student Success Program (6pm-8pm @ Trinity College Admissions and Career Development Center- Grand Room): A dinner and panel discussion with first-generation students about their experiences at Trinity and beyond. Bettina Cecilia Gonzalez ’16 will be screening her film “(Un)Privileged: the Cost of Being Poor at an Elite Institution.”

Hookah in the Sukkah: Join Hillel & The House of Peace from 7-9pm for hookah & Baklava in the Sukkah

Movie Night: Watch “Call Me Kuchu”, hosted by EROS, in the Fred Common Room at 7:30pm.

Thursday, Oct. 19:

Sangria in the Sukkah: Hillel, LVL, LAU & AEπ celebrate Sangria in the Sukkah in Hillel from 9 to 11pm.

Decorate a Mason Jar: From 7:30 to 8:30, decorate a suuuper cute mason jar to hold your snacks and drinks in the UG.

Gay Trivia Night: Trivia night gets spiced up this week at Vernon at 8pm!!

Friday, Oct. 20:

Cafe Con Leche: LVL  is starting up their super interesting & informative weekly forums. This Friday at LVL from 5-6pm, Seth Markle, from the History & International Studies departments will talk about what its like to be a person of color in a predominately white college and the workforce.

Rainbow Dinner: The LGBTQ Community & Allies will come together for a rainbow dinner with Mediterranean food (yummm) in the Washington Room from 6 to 8pm.

Stoplight Party: It’s pretty self-explanatory, red means taken, yellow means it’s complicated and green means single so this party obviously means a good time! Friday night from 10pm to 2am in Cleo, be there!

Listening Party: The Temple of Hip Hop welcomes everyone to their Listening Party where they will choose the artists to come to the International Hip Hop Festival (which has been/is/and will be huge).

LOLITA @ The Mill: Is there anything else to be said?? You’ll miss out if you’re not at the Mill this friday at 10:30pm.

Saturday, Oct. 21:

Trintoberfest & Fall Fest: From 2 to 7pm, there will be giveaways, bands, pumpkin painting, caramel apple decorating, and FREE food, t-shirts, and beer (if you’re 21+)!! Check out our article, for more details http://www.hercampus.com/school/trinity/trintoberfest-16

Pride Fest: Starting at 2pm, you can do some arts & crafts like painting messages of pride which will be shown in the Queer Resources Center.

Psi U Tropical: Psi U is hosting their 37th annual Tropical is this Saturday presenting Bobby Green, Julius Jetson, and Rakeem Miles. Wristbands are being sold this week at Mather for $20, buy them before they’re sold out. You do not want to miss this!