Our Halloween Costume Contest Winner! Breyana Franklin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Breyana Franklin is superwoman. She is a senior at Towson majoring in mass communications (jounalism track) with a minor in creative writing, partakes in an internship and works at Urban Outfitters. She is a member of  the Society of Professional Journalists and a feature writer for Her Campus Towson. Somehow she manages to do it all-she always gets her work done and rarely misses a meeting.

Besides all her committements, she has a great personality and is so fun to be around! She is kind and compassionate. She is always helping out others.

For Halloween she dressed up as Mario! We loved her costume and decided she would be the winner of our Hallloween Costume Contest!

We interviewed Breyana! Find out a little more of her below:

What do you like to do for fun?
I adore reading and writing for leisure, even though that sounds nerdy lol. I like the normal girl things like shopping and hanging out with friends and family. I also like to do adventurous things that I’ve never done before like skydiving or going to the gun range!

What activities are you involved in on-campus?

I am one of the vice presidents for Society of Professional Journalists and of course the best organization at Towson, HerCampus!! 

What is your most memorable moment at Towson?

I think applying for graduation was a really memorable moment. But another one was the massive snow storm we had my sophomore year.  I was trapped in my dorm for like a week and one day everyone that was trapped on campus had a huge snowball fight on Newell Field.  There was at least 300-400 people out there, but it was so much fun.

What are your career aspirations? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
My ultimate goal is to be a fashion journalist for a magazine.  In ten years I plan to be living my dreams.  I will be established, with my own home and working in my dream career. 

What is your favorite color? How would you describe your style?

My favorite color is purple. My style changes constantly the way I dress usually reflects my mood. If I’m not having a great day I love to doll myself up, it always makes me feel ten times better.  On days that I feel like being comfy I will throw on a pair of Jordans and a Polo hat. I guess the best way to describe my style is versatile; I love to try different things from girly print patterns to tennis shoes and a denim  shirt. 

What advice do you have for the younger girls on campus?

Enjoy it! College goes by sooooooo quickly! Take every opportunity you are presented with and make the best of it.  Make new friends, join organizations, try something that you never would have before.  And make the best of the time that you have because though the saying is trite, college really is the best years of your life!

Congratulations Breyana! Enjoy your lunch at Saladworks!

Alexandra (Ali) Pannoni is a senior at Towson University majoring in journalism with a minor in theatre. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Her Campus Towson. As the Campus Celebrity columnist for Her Campus Towson, Ali has interviewed Country Music Superstar Chuck Wicks and Major League Baseball Player Casper Wells. In Spring 2012 she was an editorial intern with Baltimore magazine. Currently she is an intern for the nationally syndicated radio morning show, The Kane Show, heard locally on HOT 99.5 in Washington D.C. and Z104.3 in Baltimore.  You can view some of her published work for Baltimore magazine on her website. She loves reading magazines, (attempting) to run, and hanging out with friends and family.