Music Monday: March 4

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Happy March! Today is March’s first Monday, and you know how Mondays are. If you find yourself with the Monday blues, this playlist is for you. Kickstart your week with this playlist full of happy songs to set the tone for the week. If you can make your Monday happy, you make the whole week happy! 

Happiness is contagious and smiling instantly makes your mood better, these songs are sure to make you both. Remember to always be postive, so start off with “Keep You Head Up,” by Andy Grammar and “Brighter Than the Sun,” by Colbie Caillat remind you of this. Sometimes you need a song to remind you that you’re better off without someone from your past, “You Need Me, I Don’t Need You,” by Ed Sheeran and “The Way You Live,” by Churchill are the perfect way to belt out how you’re better off without your ex. If you’re in a good relationship, celebrate that! “Happy” by Never Shout Never is a cute song about how happy your significant other makes you. There are also certain songs that will give you an ego boost, blast those, like “Hall of Fame,” by The Script. And then sometimes all it takes is a catchy sound to make you instantly feel better, “Mountain Sounds,” by Of Monsters and Men, “Paradise,” by Coldplay, “Young Blood,” by the Naked and Famous, and “Super Sounds,” by Dirty South will make you dance away the Monday blues. 

Remember, Monday is just one day out of seven, don’t let one bad day bring your entire week down. Hopefully this playlist makes your Monday a little brighter! Happy Monday and enjoy everyone! 

Emily is a sophomore at Towson University majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in journalism. She enjoys writing, listening to music, and going to concerts. She writes for Towson's newspaper (www.thetowerlight.com), on Tumblr (www.emilyimagines.tumblr.com), or on her Twitter (@dinoemmie). This is her second year on the HCTU staff and she is currently Vice President, She also enjoys creating graphics, marketing, and advertising. Emily aspires to be a magazine editor. 
Her Campus

Towson '25