Music Monday: March 11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Happy Monday everyone! As you know, International Women’s Day was Friday, so this week, lets celebrate us women! This playlist is an ode to women. Listen along, and celebrate everything women have done in the past, and get ready for the female empowerment in the future! 

This playlist has a mix of old and new, but a celebration of girl power. “Wannabe” by Spice Girls, “Man! I Feel Like A Woman!” by Shania Twain, “Respect” by Aretha Franklin, and “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera are throwback songs that needed to be brought back. All of these songs will have you and your girlfriends dancing around the room, singing along. 

There’s also “Girl on Fire” by Alicia Keys, “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyoncé, “Jar of Hearts” by Christina Perri, “Love Song” by Sara Bareilles, “Nobody Ever Told You” by Carrie Underwood,  and “Fly” by Nicki Minaj and Rihanna, newer songs that have the same message.

Remember we’re the future, and girls, we have something to prove. Be strong, be proud, be true to yourself. Celebrate everything you have going for you. Enjoy the rest of your week, pop this playlist on, and remember you can do anything you set your mind to and you’re perfect the way you are.

Emily is a sophomore at Towson University majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in journalism. She enjoys writing, listening to music, and going to concerts. She writes for Towson's newspaper (www.thetowerlight.com), on Tumblr (www.emilyimagines.tumblr.com), or on her Twitter (@dinoemmie). This is her second year on the HCTU staff and she is currently Vice President, She also enjoys creating graphics, marketing, and advertising. Emily aspires to be a magazine editor. 
Her Campus

Towson '25