Music Monday: February 11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

Get ready for your new playlist of the week! It’s Music Monday for February 11! 

This week’s mix includes a compliation of genres like, pop, country, rap, alternative, indie, etc. Therefore, there’s something for everyone! For songs that will tug on your heart strings (Valentine’s Day IS this week after all), there’s “A Drop in the Ocean” by Ron Pope, “Somebody’s Heartbreak” by Hunter Hayes, “Crazy World” by Boys Like Girls, “Tightrope” by Walk the Moon, “Sweet Disposition” by the Temper Trap, and “Something Good Can Work” by Two Door Cinema Club. Also songs to pump you up for the day, “What is Light, Where is Laughter (Skillrex Remix)” by Twin Atlantic, “Anything Could Happy” by Ellie Goulding, “F**kin’ Problems” by A$AP Rocky, and “Lessons in Love (All Day, All Night)” by Neon Trees, Kaskade.

All of these songs give off different vibes and mesages, which is the great thing about music. Listeners can pull different things from every song, making a unique connection. Enjoy your week, whether you celebrate Valentine’s Day with a loved one (friends included), have a big test to study for, have long shifts at work, or just need music to fill in the silence, pop this playlist on and enjoy! 

Emily is a sophomore at Towson University majoring in Mass Communications with a concentration in journalism. She enjoys writing, listening to music, and going to concerts. She writes for Towson's newspaper (www.thetowerlight.com), on Tumblr (www.emilyimagines.tumblr.com), or on her Twitter (@dinoemmie). This is her second year on the HCTU staff and she is currently Vice President, She also enjoys creating graphics, marketing, and advertising. Emily aspires to be a magazine editor. 
Her Campus

Towson '25