Events Director, Dhara Patel!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.
Meet our new Events Director!

Tell us about yourself:
I am currently a sophomore studying business marketing here at TU. I am originally from the suburbs of Long Island, but now the family lives in the Lancaster, Pennsylvania. My interests include writing, getting way-too invested in fictional worlds and wearing leggings seven days a week. All jokes aside, I’ve had a wonderful experience working as the Events Director for Her Campus Towson this semester.

What do you do?:
I am the Events Director so I coordinate everything from team-bonding to fundraising activities. It’s really fun!

When did you start doing it?:
I joined the team last semester, and I kick myself everyday for not being involved with it sooner. I began to plan events this semester… So I’m still in the process of figuring it all out. 

Why did you decide to join Her Campus Towson?:
I never really got involved my freshmen year so at the start of sophomore year, I figured it’d be a good idea to get out there and join a club. Her Campus Towson seemed like it would be a great fit for me because I love to write and LOVE talking about my opinions and interests. After interacting with many of the girls at our On The Border dinner night, I knew HCTU would be a place I would feel comfortable in, and most importantly, a place I would enjoy being in. 

How can someone else get involved with Her Campus?: 
It’s super easy! We accept anyone who has a passion for reading and writing. Just attend one of our meetings on Monday’s in University Union room 305 at 6 pm to see if it is the right fit for you. 

How has this created connections for you personally and academically?:
I have met some of the most driven, compassionate and intelligent women through HCTU and together, we have created this support system where we are able to learn from each other, celebrate each other’s accomplishments and help each other. Academically and professionally, Her Campus taught me how to work with people, how to be a better writer and how to work with money. All of these skills will definitely come in handy in the real world.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?:
I ask myself this question everyday… Hopefully, I’ll be well-traveled and be making serious moves in the print or digital publication world. I also hope to have a cute little apartment which I will smother in tapestries, candles and fairy lights, because I’m not-at-all basic!

Do you have any words of wisdom to share?:
Do what you love and you will live your life without regret.
Cydney is a senior at Towson University majoring in English with a focus on writing. In addition to being President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Towson, she always writes fictional stories in her free time. Cydney spends a lot of time online shopping, on Netflix, dreaming of buying purses and reading a good book all while hunched over her handy dandy iPhone. After college Cydney plans to write her own books and to go to as many concerts as possible.