Easy To Do Summer Hairstyles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

It’s finally summer and we all want to upgrade our looks. Summer is the few months we have to ourselves where we aren’t stressing over finals, tests and papers, and can actually put some effort into our look. Hair is one of the most important aspects to a look so it is only right we test out new hairstyles to find a style that suits us. Here are some of my favorite hairstyles that are on trend for this season.

1. The Messy Top Knot: 

In my opinion the messier, the better. From a day at the beach, to a night on the town. A top knot can really make your look. Summer is all about easy and casual, so this hairstyle is perfect. Make sure you tease your hair, use bobby pins and hairspray to tame any extreme flyaways. 

2. Beachy Waves (Of course): This may be my favorite hairstyle to date. Anyone can rock it, and all you need is a little sea salt spray. 

3.Bun half up, half down: As complex as it looks, it is really easy and really cute. Like all the hairstyles I have shown you, the messier the better. All you need is some bobby pins and texturizing spray.

4. Faux Bob: This is perfect for a date night, or night out on the town. Curl your hair with a curling wand, and then grab the ends of your hair, tie in a loose pony tail, and flip underneath of your hair. Secure it with bobby pins and hairspray.

5. Slicked back: Perfect for a night out or to edge up your look. All you need are some bobby pins and hair gel. Don’t part your hair, and use a little bit of gel to slick it back, secure the pieces behind your ears with bobby pins. Put it in a low pony tail, or leave it down.

Have a great Summer,

HCXO!

MaryKate is Co President of Towson University's Her Campus Chapter. She is a Senior Communication Studies Major and graduates December 2017. She enjoys Indie Rock music such as Young The Giant, Arctic Monkeys, House of Lions and Catfish and The Bottlemen, just to name a few. She also enjoys chai tea, thrift shopping, Hawaiian pizza and Netflix as much as the next girl.