Confessions of a College Grad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

It’s hard to believe that my undergraduate experience is coming to an end.  I can vividly remember moving into Residence Hall (worst dorm ever by the way) my freshman year.  I came to Towson without knowing anyone and I must admit it was quite scary at first.  I was lonely and homesick for days.  But I decided to stick it out and now I am so happy that I did. The years I have spent at Towson are some of the best four years of my life.  I never thought my time here would fly by so quickly.  The saying “college is the quickest four years of your life” could not be more true. 

My room in residence hall freshman year

With graduation in a few days I have been forced to look back over the time I’ve spent here while anxiously anticipating the future. Graduating is scary!  I am now faced with the harsh reality that it is time to join the real world.  The frightening part is the uncertainty.  Have these four years prepared me for what is to come?  Though it is nerve wracking I can honestly say that I do feel adequately prepared for my future journalism career.  Towson has awarded me with a rich experience.  Though I didn’t understand it at the time, those all-nighters actually taught me a thing or two.  They have showed me that my determination, persistence and will-power is stronger than ever.  I feel confident that I have what it takes to make it in the real world. 

My undergrad career is filled with memories that my friends and I will laugh about for years to come.  I have created memories that will stand the test of time and I have learned so much about myself in the process. I’ve experience heartbreak and true love, I’ve created stronger friendships and lost some on the way. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason; the good and the bad have all help mold me into the young woman I am today.

Late night fun! My friends and I played in the enormous snow storm that hit Towson my sophomore year.

Though I knew this occasion would come, I never expected it to arrive so quickly. Sometimes I wish that I could just freeze this moment in time. College has been a unique experience to say the least, and I’m not too sure that I am ready to give that up. Soon it won’t be acceptable to travel up and down York road until 3 a.m. Instead of cramming for exams I will be stressing about a job. That is scary! Who knew I would look back on my college career and miss it? Those late nights and early mornings didn’t seem so fun when I was in the moment. But now as I reflect on it all, I do not regret one thing that I have done.

My last tigerfest with some of my HerCampus girls!

I have loved my time here at Towson. I will miss this amazing campus and the amazing people that inhabit it. One of the things that I will miss most is my HerCampus team of course! I promise to come back often and fill you guys in on my life as a grown up!

Thanks for the memories Towson! 

Alexandra (Ali) Pannoni is a senior at Towson University majoring in journalism with a minor in theatre. She is the founder and editor-in-chief of Her Campus Towson. As the Campus Celebrity columnist for Her Campus Towson, Ali has interviewed Country Music Superstar Chuck Wicks and Major League Baseball Player Casper Wells. In Spring 2012 she was an editorial intern with Baltimore magazine. Currently she is an intern for the nationally syndicated radio morning show, The Kane Show, heard locally on HOT 99.5 in Washington D.C. and Z104.3 in Baltimore.  You can view some of her published work for Baltimore magazine on her website. She loves reading magazines, (attempting) to run, and hanging out with friends and family.