10 Reasons Why Netflix is Better than Boys on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Towson chapter.

I don’t mean to sound like that single girl this Valentine’s Day, but I’ve realized that I do not need a significant other to help make this day successful. There is something that makes me happier than any guy I have ever met, and for a low price of $8 a month, I have unlimited access to endless streaming possibilities. Yep, it’s exactly what you think it is. Netflix.

Netflix has been a consistent go-to website for Lonely-Girls-R-Us (yes I made that up…don’t judge) over the years, so this year I am going to give back and share 10 reasons why Netflix is better than having a boyfriend this Valentine’s Day.

1)   As I said before, it’s only $8. Can you imagine only having to pay $8 for a Valentine’s Day gift? I don’t think so.

2)   Netflix is constantly signing deals with companies to bring in more television shows, movies and documentaries to increase the number of titles available to you. You can watch a classic Disney movie, a romantic comedy, a horror movie and a documentary before beginning to binge-watch a TV series all in the same day!

3)   Netflix doesn’t judge you. It doesn’t care what your hair looks like or whether or not you’ll get makeup on them–it just loves you unconditionally.

4)   If you’re having problems with your account, Netflix offers several different ways to go about getting your problem fixed from tweeting them, to shooting them an email, to live-chat. It’s like instantly fixing a broken heart. Incredible!

5)   Netflix is the perfect date. It doesn’t make you feel weird for watching a movie in a different language and doesn’t mumble about how bored they are. Sometimes a quiet date is a perfect date. Besides, watching a movie in a different language makes you more cultured and you didn’t even have to get out of bed to accomplish that.

6)   Netflix recently added a bunch of classic movies like “West Side Story,” “Breakfast at Tiffany’s,” and “Good Burger.” I mean…come on! Not even a shiny new bracelet could make me happier (maybe).

7)   Netflix Profiles make it easier to never see what anyone else who uses your account is watching (and that’s probably for the best because I’ve watched some weird things), and it even suggests similar things for you to view based on titles you’ve watched. It’s like you don’t even have to try to find something to entertain you.

8)   One of the best things about Netflix is rewatching a television series. Or watching a television series that you didn’t watch while it was in its prime like cult classics “Friday Night Lights,” “Nip/Tuck,” and “Gossip Girl.”

9)   You can stop and start watching something as often as you want, to as many titles as you want. As I said before, the streaming options are seemingly endless and you don’t have to settle for watching one thing at a time.

10) Netflix isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. While they might take away a favorite movie or TV show of yours, they will always be replaced with something that is entertaining and most importantly, only a click away!

This article is not intended to make single girls feel like they’re pathetic for depending on Netflix. It’s also not meant to bash men or imply that they cannot match Netflix. If you’re in a relationship, congratulations to you. I wish you an amazing holiday. But if you’re single like me, snuggle up, add to your queue, and have a fantastic, relaxing Valentine’s Day!

Cydney is a senior at Towson University majoring in English with a focus on writing. In addition to being President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Towson, she always writes fictional stories in her free time. Cydney spends a lot of time online shopping, on Netflix, dreaming of buying purses and reading a good book all while hunched over her handy dandy iPhone. After college Cydney plans to write her own books and to go to as many concerts as possible.