Whisper App, What’s Your Secret?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

You have your friends and family to vent out to, but sometimes you want to keep things to yourself. Sometimes secrets are meant to be, well, secrets. You don’t want to tell anyone this one certain thing about yourself or about what you did because you’re scared what they will think or say. But it’s eating at you; you have to let someone know. The Whisper App is a free iOS and Android app that will let you share secrets anonymously and will help you connect to people around you. 

“Whisper is a great platform to be yourself, completely yourself, and to not be afraid what people will think,” said Khushboo Parmer, the UT Whisper representative. “You will always have someone who supports you, no matter if it’s simply by ‘hearting’ your Whisper, taking the time to respond or having someone message you with encouraging words, you know you have support.”

Whisper App also founded a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness about mental health issues on college campuses called ‘Your Voice.’ It provides resources for college students who struggle with issues like anxiety, eating disorders, sexuality, depression and stress management. The goal of ‘Your Voice’ is to eliminate the stigma associated with mental illness and to create a space for students to express their struggles. College is a big place, and it is easy to feel lonely. Your Voice is here to tell you that you are not alone.

Whisper has changed dramatically since it first released. It made uploading a Whisper less complicated and they have more control over ‘trollers.’ Not only that, but Whisper has gone through social media expansions and is now available on Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

Make sure to check back every month to see our Monthly Round-Up of UT Whispers!

You can download the app easily to your smartphone and follow the social media platforms.

Instagram: UT_Whisper

Twitter: UT__Whisper

Facebook: Whisper on University of Texas

Mira Milla is a junior majoring in Journalism at the University of Texas and is currently interning at 'The Society Diaries'.