Well-Said: Quotes on Women Empowerment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

So maybe you’ve been hiding under a rock for the past several months, bu

t if you haven’t, you know the buzzword of this year is feminisim. While that word used to strike terror in the hearts of men and women around the globe, celebrities and normal people alike have been clearing the air on what feminism really is: all around equality of the sexes.

Feminism is the idea that women matter just as much as men while breaking down traditional gender roles. Men can cry, woman can play sports. All of that good stuff. Here’s some great men and woman of our age reminding you why feminism is so important:

(The Queen Herself) Emma Watson:

“Fighting for women’s rights has too often become synonymous with man-hating. If there is one thing I know for certain, it is that this has to stop.”

Beyonce:

“We have to teach our boys the rules of equality and respect, so that as they grow up, gender equality becomes a natural way of life. And we have to teach our girls that they can reach as high as humanly possible.”

Matt Damon

“If I had a bucket list, I’d say raising my four girls to be strong, good women would be number one.”

Amy Phoeler

“Girls, if a boy says something that isn’t funny, you don’t have to laugh.”

Zooey Deschanel:

“I want to be a f*cking feminist and wear a f*cking Peter Pan collar. So f*cking what?”

Prince Harry

“This is not just about women. We men need to recognize the part we play, too. Real men treat women with the dignity and respect they deserve”.

Tina Fey

“If I have to listen to one more grey-faced man with a $2 haircut tell me what rape is, I’m going to lose my mind”.

Joseph Gordon Levitt

“There’s a long long history of women suffering abuse, injustice, and not having the same opportunities as men, and I think that’s been very detrimental to the human race as a whole”.

Juliet is in her third year at the University of Texas. She's passionate about Texas football, dogs, Harry Potter and changing the world.