Tribeza Style Week No.8

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Not long ago, Austin fashion authority TRIBEZA hosted Dachis Group presents TRIBEZA Style Week No. 8 (also known as the 8th annual TRIBEZA Style Week).  For a week the magazine catered to the fashionably and socially conscious with a series of events including Boutique Crawls on 2nd street and South Congress, a Style Brunch and Designer Showcase at the super chic Shoreline Grill benefiting philanthropic organization Citizen Generation, and SKETCH, a panel for students interested in fashion featuring Lauren Smith Ford, editor and creative director of TRIBEZA.  While there was plenty of shopping, charity, and networking, there was also an overflowing amount of style and fashion.  Aside from the gratuitous decoration in the form of wardrobe thanks to Style Week attendees, the TRIBEZA Rock and Runway Show, Shear Style Hair Show presented by Naturally Curly, and TRIBEZA Fashion Show had plenty of unique style and design on display. 

The TRIBEZA Fashion Show put Austin style staples like C. Jane, Feathers Boutique, Kendra Scott, and Estilo on the runway at the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum.  Lessons learned from here?  For cocktail dresses C. Jane’s got you covered, The Garden Room will keep you in Austin-appropriate boho chic attire, make your guy stop by Service Menswear for fresh, smart looks, and trust Julian Gold and Saks Fifth Avenue for all sophisticated occasions. 

The Shear Style Hair Show presented by Naturally Curly (a web of social networks that provides tricks and tips for curly tresses) featured local favorites like Jackson Ruiz Salon, Jose Luis Salon, Propaganda Hair Group, and Ron King Salon.  Micro-crimping, braid incorporation, and ombre looks were all trending.  Below, check out some photos from behind the scenes and peep looks that nearly stopped the show.

Kenyatta Giddings is a double major in Broadcast Journalism and Radio-Television-Film at the University of Texas at Austin. She's a former toddler in a tiara from Dallas, Texas and enjoys recording voiceovers for Radio Disney, writing for various publications, and contributing her production and on-camera talents to an array of programs. In her spare time Kenyatta consumes herself with all things vintage shopping, entertainment media, and brunch. Follow her pursuit for fabulosity on Twitter @kenyattapinata and her favorite online magazine @HerCampusTexas.
Bernice Chuang is a fourth year double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies-Human Relations and doing the Business Foundations Program (aka business minor) at the University of Texas at Austin. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Bernice is a fan of good country music and yummy barbeque! At UT, Bernice is a resident assistant at an all-female residence hall and currently serves as a senator representing her residence hall, Kinsolving, on the Resident Assistant Association. She also leads a small group bible study for Asian American Campus Ministries and sings with her campus ministries’ a cappella group. When she’s not juggling her various roles and commitments, Bernice enjoys exploring downtown Austin, shopping with her fellow RA staff members, reading books on faith and spirituality, learning how to cook and tackling various dessert recipes, and spending quality time with friends.