Top 5 Longhorn Must-Haves for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

It’s that time of year again: the weather is getting warmer, the days are longer, and the classes are harder.  You might be miserable right now, spending all of your time studying for midterms at the PCL, but have no fear!  Spring Break is just around the corner, collegiates, and we’ll be leaving school behind us for a full week.  Some of us will be traveling great distances, some of us will be heading home, and some of us are staying right here in Austin (SXSW, anyone?)  Wherever you’re headed for the break, the UT Co-Op has you covered.  Here are some of the must-have items for every Longhorn this Spring Break:

1. Longhorn Sunscreen

If you’re heading the beach this break, make sure you lather up before lying out!  Sunscreen can help protect you from the sun’s harmful rays and can help prevent skin cancer and premature aging (and who wants to spend Spring Break with a sunburn anyway?).  Alright, so maybe you should go ahead and get a bigger bottle for the week, but you just can’t ignore how cute these little containers are.

2.  Longhorn Beach Towel

Whether you use it on the beach, the lawn of a spring concert, or even in your own backyard, this towel is the perfect way to show off your school pride wherever you travel.

3.  Longhorn Scarf

If you’re leaving sunny Texas for a destination where the weather isn’t as forgiving, make sure you pack something to keep you warm!  This scarf is perfect because it’s versatile, so you can dress it up or down while still showing off your school spirit.  It may be a little warm to wear it around campus after break, but you’ll definitely want to add it to your fall collection.

4.  Longhorn Handbag

If you’re going to be doing a lot of walking or site-seeing this break, you may be worried about carrying a heavy purse around with you all day.  This bag is big enough to fit the essentials while being light enough to carry around for extended periods of time.  The strap is also long enough to wear like a satchel, so you won’t be lugging around some unwieldy tote.  You might even forget you’re wearing it!

5.  Longhorn Robe

You may not be planning on traveling this Spring Break, which is more than okay!  There’s nothing wrong with spending the week on the couch, eating junk food, and binge-watching your favorite new show.  The semester has been tough, and you definitely deserve a break.  This robe is basically a badge of honor that tells everyone that A) you go to the greatest school in the world and B) you survived your midterms.  If anyone tells you to ditch the robe at any point during the break, cordially invite them to exit your life (you don’t need that negativity).

Though we’re all more than ready to get some much needed rest and relaxation, it can definitely be hard to say goodbye to friends and classmates during the break.  If you find yourself missing the Forty Acres during your travels, you can use these novelties to take a little school spirit wherever you go.  Have a fun and safe break, Longhorns!

I am Corisa but a lot of my friends call me Cori! I feel like the real life Hannah Horvath from Girls.