This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Bikini Season, you either jump with joy at the thought of sunscreen and tan lines or run away with horror thinking about all of those late night stops to Qdoba or Kerbey Lane that cumulatively resulted in your not so ideal bikini body. Regardless, you cannot run away from bikini season, and in Austin the weather only makes it arrive sooner.

Now is the time that you will receive dozens on dozens of emails of companies celebrating their new arrivals of swimsuits, and lets face it, every year you are bound to buy at least new one! But how different could their new arrivals be from last year? A different patterned triangle bikini top? A bandeau? Halter-top? Well for the first time in a few summer seasons I have recognized some very different bikinis that just might be worth trying.

The hipster age has consequently given rise to different trends of our time, one of which is very clearly crop tops. Worn with high waisted shorts, skirts, or pretty much anything, crop tops have taken over a lot of our night out apparel. Though stores like Victoria Secret are now incorporating this trend into their swimwear line, introducing different forms of bikini tops that cover more than your typical triangle string top.

I have to admit I am not sure how I feel about this trend yet for multiple reasons. First off, lets all just imagine the tan lines… they would be comparable to a farmers tan of the torso, not so ideal. Then I also don’t think I like the idea of wet sleeves, or the thought of a wet crop top suctioned onto my body. On the other hand, I do like the idea of the flounce style crop top that offers a more freeing fit.

I’ll let you decide how you feel about this new bikini trend, and together we can see if it lasts into next years bikini season and or makes it big by being sported by lots of girls this summer at the beach or pool.