Spring Must Do’s Near ATX

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Definitive Guide to Spring Festivals

It’s April and that means it’s time for tons of spring festivals. Below is our definitive guide to all of the best ones happening in Austin this month and next!

Texas VegFest, April 1, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Fiesta Gardens

Texas VegFest celebrates the health, environment and animal welfare benefits of living a vegetarian life. Entrance to the festival is free to the public and there will be vendors, educational lectures, cooking demonstrations, community outreach as well as food, craft beer and live music.

Fusebox Festival, April 12 through April 16, locations vary

If you are interested in the grouping of artists and audiences to explore issues, ideas and new possibilities Fusebox is for you. The festival positions arts at the center of local, national and global conversations about life and culture.

Austin Earth Day Festival, April 22, 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Histon-Tillotson University

Earth Day Austin is the largest sustainability festival in Central Texas. The event is hosted in order to teach people about conservation, sustainable solutions and to celebrate the environment. There will be keynote speakers, tiny homes, live music, workshops, and activities for kids and food vendors.

Eeyeore’s Birthday Party, April 29, 11 a.m. to dusk, Pease Park

This will be the 54th celebration of the A. A. Milne character that started as a picnic for the English department at UT. The party is a fundraiser for non-profit groups in Austin including Austin Pets Alive, Keep Austin Beautiful and the Pease Park Conservancy. There are food vendors, costume contests and musicians.

Pecan Street Festival, May 6 and 7, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Sixth Street

The Pecan Street Festival is a free, two-day event attracts hundreds of local artisans, musicians and food vendors. It is one of the largest and longest-running arts/crafts and music festivals in the nation. Proceeds raised go toward the historic preservation of historic 6th Street.