Meet the Editor: Lizzie Stokes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Youll probably find Elizabeth Stokes quietly studying near the 6th floor cubicles of the library, muttering to herself in French, or facts about Roman History. Youll see that shes well dressed; Parisian street style oxfords, black jeans and a turtleneck sweater. You can probably guess from her organized planner, page flipping and phone exploding with group me messages (that she never checks) that shes involved, on top of things and destined for success. What you cant tell immediately is that her headphones are probably playing the worst, and most clichéd music (Like Sister Sledge & Jade, We Are Family), and that shes showing incredible restraint by only tapping her feet, and there’s a good chance pictures of Harry Styles are hidden somewhere on her phone.

Name: Elizabeth Stokes

Year: Junior

Major: Journalism (Minor in French)

Hometown: Born in Tyler, Texas but grew up in San Antonio, Texas

Extracurricular Activities: Officer of Conference Services of Central Texas Model United Nations, Editor of HerCampus (yay!), FIG Mentor, Member of YoungLife

Relationship: Single

Favorite movie: Sound of Music

Celebrity Crush: This is a long answer for me. I mean, Harry Styles is obviously the ultimate (disclaimer: the ultimate when he showers). Tom Hiddleston, because hes Prince Charming. Benedict Cumberbatch, because hes the embodiment of a British man. But also, Eddie Redmayne, hes adorableeven as a Danish woman. But ultimately, Harry Styles is the one.

Girl crush: My answer is as complicated as boy crushes. Obviously Beyoncé, but crush doesnt cover it, thats more of a worship. I love Kate Middleton, shes gorgeous and graceful. Audrey Hepburn, I just love her. Emma Stone, I think shes fun, and she’s always herself.

HCTX: What’s your favorite quote?

Lizzie Stokes: “Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice.”

HCTX: What’s your ideal date?

LS: Dancing. Not necessarily ballroom, and definitely not a club. But just, dancing.

HCTX: Whats the first thing you notice about guys?

LS: To be honest, how quick witted they are.

HCTX: What has been your most embarrassing moment?

LS: I really pride myself on being a good hostess, and one time my friend was staying the weekend so I really wanted him to have a pleasant stay. However, over the course of the weekend, I fed him moldy cheese, I locked him out of the apartment so he had to sleep in his car and I forced him to park in an illegal parking spot and his car almost got towed. It was so, so embarrassing.

HCTX:If you could have one person to dinner who would it be?

LS: Probably Barbara Walters. I mean, I couldnt have dinner with everyone but shes interviewed everyone so its kind of the same thing.

HCTX: Whos the most inspirational person in your life?

LS: My grandmother. Shes literally 90 years old, so so postive, and does whatever she wants to do. I went to a wedding this weekend and she was THE life of the party. She whipped and attempted the cupid shuffle.

HCTX: What’s the one thing do you think people should know about you?

LS: I really like listening to people. I genuinely like it when people tell me their feelings, and their problems.

Juliet is in her third year at the University of Texas. She's passionate about Texas football, dogs, Harry Potter and changing the world.