Chips and Queso and God: About Landon Baker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Reclining in a dark leather lounge chair, Landon Baker laughs along to the clever jibes of Chandler Bing. Known by many in his organizations as the “Hearthrob”, Landon exudes wit and charm. If you’re a girl who digs chips and queso, coffee, and Jesus, then take a quick peak at this campus cutie!

Name: Landon 

Major: Biology

Year: Senior

Hometown: Plano, Texas

Celebrity Crush: Kiera Knightly 

Her Campus Texas: What shows are you currently binge watching?

Landon Baker: Modern Family, my favorite character is Phil because he is who I want to be when I’m a dad. He’s super goofy and fun-loving. 

HCTX: What’s your favorite TV show?

LB: Definitely Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs, The Office… there’s so many more…

HCTX: Where is your favorite study spot?

LB: The SAC, alon

g with the alumni center – it’s one of the very few spots that you can get chips and queso. 

HCTX: Wait… you can get chips and queso at the alumni center?

LB: Yeah you can get them at “Texas Expresso”. The queso is on point, but the chips are a little salty. On a scale of 1-10, (10 being the best chips and queso ever) I would say a solid 7. 

HCTX: Best place to grab a cup of coffee?

LB: If you consider ambiance, environment and atmosphere I would say Mozarts; especially in October. The weather is super nice.  My drink of choice is currently black coffee – it’s pretty good actually.

HCTX: When you were litte, what did you want to be when you grew up?

LB: I wanted to be Tiger Woods. I had a phase when I wanted to be different athletes… I also wanted to be Woody from Toy Story.

HCTX: Has that changed now that you’re in college?

LB: Now I’m looking at going into HealthCare IT. I was Pre-Med basically from 7th grade and took my MCAT already, but I started questioning and evaluating why I really wanted to go into medicine and if I wanted to go to school for another seven years. So I started looking at seminary, but I was still interested in healthcare. I found out UT has a program for healthcare IT, which allows me to interact with people but still stay in the healthcare field – which is the best of both 

worlds for me. 

HCTX: First thing you notice about a girl?

LB: Her intelligence and sense of humor – especially if she’s witty, I dig witty comebacks and a girl who can have fun.

Kara is a senior Management major at The University of Texas at Austin. She loves recreating any and everything she sees on Pinterest and watching videos of Corgi's frolicking in fields. You can find her writing music and drinking iced coffee anywhere on campus.