Campus Cutes: Cassandra Pham and Sean Easton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Couple:
Hers: Cassandra Pham
His: Sean Easton

School:
Hers: University of Texas, sophomore, majoring in Civil Engineering/Pre-PA
His: St. Edward’s University, junior, majoring in Pre-Physical therapy

Hometown:
Hers: Pearland, TX
His: Pearland, TX

How did you two meet?
Hers: He drove me home after soccer practice one day. I didn’t think I was going to see him again after that car ride. Luckily, my older sister started to invite him over to the house and the following year, we starting talking and hanging out together.

His: She bummed a ride off of me one day after soccer practice.

How long have you two been dating?
Just over 3 years.                 

What first attracted you?
Hers: I had to take a step back from seeing his beautiful blue-green eyes. I thought he was some big-time jock.

His: She was (still is) cute and fun.

In one word, how would you describe your relationship?
Hers: High-school sweethearts
His: Solid

Describe your partner in 3 words. What 3 words do you think he/she would use to describe you?
Hers: He is charming, passionate and optimistic. He would probably say I was easy-going, darling, and determined/independent.
His: She is complex, gorgeous and brilliant. She would say I’m impulsive, nerdy and dumb.

Who is your celebrity crush?
Hers: Brad Pitt
His: It used to be Natalie Portman but now it’s Emilie de Raven. I’m over Natalie.

If you had to guess your partner’s celebrity crush, who would it be?
Hers: Natalie Portman
His: A combo of Brad Pitt and David Beckham

What famous couple would you say fits you both?
Hers: Noah and Allie, from the Notebook
His: Either James Bond and Halle Berry or Odysseus and Penelope.

What are your partner’s best traits?
Hers: He likes to reason out situations, which provides a nice balance when I start to become “unreasonable.” He is well rounded. Not only being knowledgeable in basically anything, but he is musically talented and handy in fixing things. He’s also an easy person to talk to. I love how he has dreams; dreams to travel the world, to sail the ocean and to own a motorcycle.
His: Her compassion, athleticism, and smarts.

What is important in a relationship to you?
Hers: Open communication. Being able to agree on most topics and agree to disagree in others. Having trust, no matter what the distance between us is. We balance each other out. “There are dreamers and there are realists in this world. You’d think the dreamers would find the dreamers and the realists find the realists, but more often than not the opposite is true. You see the dreamers need the realists to keep them from soaring too close to the sun. And the realists, well without the dreamers, they might not ever get off the ground.” –Modern Family. In most cases, he is the dreamer and I am the realist.

His: That both people communicate fully with each other.

What is your greatest memory shared with him/her?
Hers: I was able to go on his family’s annual summer trip to Long Lake, NY. There was always something fun and outdoorsy to do and I got to meet all of his family.

His: If I had to pick one, it would be running from Central Park to Penn station to catch the Jersey transit last summer.

What’s something you have always wanted to do with your partner?
Hers: I’ve always wanted to take a trip with him.I hope in the near future that it can just be us traveling together.

His: Travel through Vietnam

What’s the most important thing you have learned from being in this relationship?
Hers: Relationships take time and effort. I have also learned that if you don’t say what you want or what you mean then your partner may assume something different.

His: Girls are crazy.

If you had to give other couples advice on relationships, what would it be?
Hers: Try to tell each other exactly what you two want and then work through the problems so they aren’t lingering. Also, show your affection to them as much as possible. It’s the little things that count.

His: Don’t keep your feelings to yourself. Try to be patient and understanding. Talk about everything. 

Mira Milla is a junior majoring in Journalism at the University of Texas and is currently interning at 'The Society Diaries'. 
Bernice Chuang is a fourth year double majoring in Broadcast Journalism and Communication Studies-Human Relations and doing the Business Foundations Program (aka business minor) at the University of Texas at Austin. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, Bernice is a fan of good country music and yummy barbeque! At UT, Bernice is a resident assistant at an all-female residence hall and currently serves as a senator representing her residence hall, Kinsolving, on the Resident Assistant Association. She also leads a small group bible study for Asian American Campus Ministries and sings with her campus ministries’ a cappella group. When she’s not juggling her various roles and commitments, Bernice enjoys exploring downtown Austin, shopping with her fellow RA staff members, reading books on faith and spirituality, learning how to cook and tackling various dessert recipes, and spending quality time with friends.