7 Tips to a Successful Roundup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

As hardworking students at the University of Texas, we need a study break every now and then. Roundup offers us an opportunity to do just that with some of the year’s biggest parties. Here are some tips to make this round up your best yet!

1. Wear comfortable clothes. The last thing you want to be doing is trying to day drink in your best skinny jeans. Nike shorts and a tank are best.

2. Stay hydrated. Round up is a marathon, not a sprint. Bring a jug. Buy a water bottle. Eat ice. You don’t want tomorrow’s hangover to ruin the darty.

3. Make a schedule. It’s not necessary to have a perfectly timed schedule, but it is a good idea to have a general schedule of which parties you want to attend.

4. Don’t expect to hang out with your guy friends for every party. While being a girl during Roundup includes an automatic invitation to every event, your closest guy friends aren’t as lucky. To attend the big parties, your guy friends may have to pay upwards of $50 just to get a wristband. Party hop with your girl-friends instead.

5. Fanny packs. Fanny packs were invented specifically for this occasion, use them.

6. Get to the parties at least an hour before the performer. Roundup parties are packed, so make sure to get there early to get drinks and secure your spot for the performer.

7. Getting on stage isn’t worth the hassle. Most of the performers probably don’t want drunk girls taking over their set. Plus let’s be honest, no one looks cool awkwardly dancing on stage.

8. Social media rules still apply. Even though Roundup may seem like the perfect time for a drunken photoshoot, your future employer probably doesn’t need to see how hard you partied your junior year of college. Keep questionable pictures off social media.