5 Back To School Tips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

Welcome back everyone!

As the second week of school is just now ending, I’m sure some us might be feeling a little bit drained or even overwhelmed at the thought of all the assignments and meetings they might have coming up for this semester. No worries, I’m here to help put your mind at ease and get you back into another great semester here at UT. If it’s one thing I learned in my freshman year, it’s that planning ahead and being prepared goes a long way, especially when busy parts of the semester rolls around.

1. Write down all of your assignments on either a calendar or a planner. These don’t have to be every homework, but things that are more important such as exams or papers. This way you will have a visual of how your semester looks.

2. Establish a somewhat consistent sleep schedule. Even if you can’t get those 8 hours of recommended beauty sleep, still try to go to sleep around the same time every night. This will pay off later in the semester when you have to pull an all nighter for finals week.

3. Eat three meals a day! Being hungry will only distract you in class. If you have back to back classes try to pack a small lunch or snack.

4. Exercise is key in relieving stress about classes. Whether this is just going for a walk for 10 minutes or going to a workout class at Gregory it will benefit not only your body but your mental health as well. I always find that after working out you have a sense of a clearer mind as well as being more focused. 

5. Don’t forget to get out of your room and go makes some memories this year! Make a back to school bucket list of all the things you want to do this semester so that you don’t miss out on all the amazing things Austin has to offer. 

University of Texas at Austin Freshman from Ohio