Kendall and Kylie Jenner’s Fashion Takeover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

It is no secret that celebrity icons Kendall and Kylie Jenner have taken the world by storm.

Both rising from the Kardashian empire, they have branched out making a mark in many different empires including the fashion and beauty world.

Kendall and Kylie Jenner, although fashion icons, embody a casual style at times.

Kendall will often pair single color long-sleeve shirts with jeans and stylish boots. Kylie on the other hand goes for printed tee shirts with ripped jeans and a high heel shoe. Both looks are appropriate for everyday occasions.

When it comes to casual attire follow in the footsteps of Kendall for a calm look or follow Kylie for a more edgy style.

The Jenner sisters flaunt their toned bodies in bohemian attire often. They have been spotted attending the popular music festival Coachella, in their bohemian styles. Kendall goes for more flowing open clothing pieces, while Kylie likes to keep it young and vibrant. Both sisters are influenced by the 1970’s culture, while adding accessories like bejeweled headbands and stand-out jewelry to emphasize their style.

If you like more elegant and classy pieces style your bohemian look after Kendall, but if you want a more fun and bubbly look follow Kylie’s bohemian faves.

Overall, Kendall’s most prominent look was her orangish red lips and dress at this years Fashion Week. Her matchy-matchy look is even on trend for 2015. Besides her lipstick being in perfect cohesion with her dress, she also made the undried hairstyle the thing to do.

When it comes to Kylie’s most prominent look, she wore a sophisticated silver draped see-through dress at a Giorgio Armani event. Her long flowing locks balanced the dress and kept it from being too severe. She looked not only classy but just like her older sister; Kim Kardashian.

Both Kendall and Kylie Jenner have contributed a lot to the fashion and beauty industry.

Kendall’s biggest contribution to the beauty industry is her simplistic approach. At red carpet events, she keeps her makeup minimal. She appears to only wear foundation, blush, and mascara on an everyday basis. She loves the brand Estee Lauder and is a big fan of their concealer. She also said the best beauty advice she received was to wear lots and lots of mascara!

One of Kendall’s biggest contributions to the fashion industry has especially been her modeling career in itself. Kendall Jenner, at the age of 19, has already become one of the industry’s highest paid models. She has already earned 4 million dollars, and her career is just getting started.

She has modeled for big name brands such as Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, Chanel, Diane von Furstenberg, Donna Karan, Tommy Hilfiger, Dolce & Gabbana, Vera Wang, and Michael Kors all within a one year span.

She is radically making a name for herself on the runway scene. She promotes the idea that one shouldn’t care what others think about his or her body as long as he or she is happy with it. She also doesn’t think dieting is the only way to stay lean, but that everyone needs to apply a healthy eating style in life.

Kylie’s biggest contribution to the fashion and beauty industry is, of course, those lips! She has admitted to having lip injections, but a staple beauty item in her bag is lip liner. She is known for loving MAC lip liners in Whorl and Spice. She overdraws her lips and fills them in with a pencil making it an easy trick to replicate for the masses.

My name is Jacquelyn Fricke, and I have a passion for beauty! I used to be a beauty YouTuber who spilled all kinds of beauty secrets. I also have a passion for fashion and love to write. Together, writing for Her Campus is the dream!
Kaitlin is an alumna of Temple University where she graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Political Science. At Temple, she served as Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Temple and was a founding member and former Public Relations Vice President for the Iota Chi chapter of Alpha Xi Delta.  She currently serves Her Campus Media as a Region Leader and Chapter Advisor and was formally a Feature Writer for Fashion, Beauty and Health.