Just Jenn: Greetings from Londontown!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Our very own co-editor of Fashion & Beauty, Jennifer Nguyen, is studying in London for a semester! She is a fashion intern at the Daily Express and will be working on photoshoots for the newspaper!  

Here is a post from her blog, “Just Jenn” about her experience so far in Londontown:

I honestly don’t know where to start. I have been in London for almost a week and reality hasn’t kicked in yet. I pass by foreign embassies and gorgeous, column-clad homes (which probably house diplomats and wealthy businessman) in South Kensington every day, and it really hasn’t fazed me. And I’ll certainly have to get used to all this, since I will be a London resident until December. Scary!

Although I have traveled outside of the country before, I don’t think studying in London will be anything like those summer trips to France. Not only am I living here for the next few months, but I am thrown into a whirlpool with people I don’t even know. And for a shy little bug like me…this is the most frightening part. I seldom get homesick (except for my dog), but I’m hardly a social butterfly. The whole experience is intimidating and I’m hoping I find the strength in me to continue on. I am thrilled to be in such a beautiful city and I hope that this will be one of the greatest experiences in my life.

I’ve been meaning to start blogging about my experiences last week, but everything has been thrown at me in hyper-speed that I couldn’t keep up. I’m hoping that I can frequently update this blog with my experiences, from my day-to-day happenings to my own reflections on English culture. And from the looks of it, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Until the next post!

Want to read more? Check out her blog at http://jennthegeek.blogspot.com/.

Jaimee Swift is a Senior majoring in Communications. One of her many dreams is to become a broadcast journalist and to meet and work with the infamous Anderson Cooper. Her hobbies include reading everything in sight, running, dancing crazily, laughing uber hard, watching movies, and consuming as much juice as possible. Jaimee is so overjoyed to be a part of such a magnificent site such as Her Campus Temple University. Ever since the days of her youth, she has strives to make a difference and bring positive change to all that she touches. She still holds on to that mindset and hopes to bring positivity and creativity to Her Campus Temple University!