3 Must Have Apps To Keep Up With New York Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

Being away from NYC during New York Fashion Week (NYFW) is enough to make any Philly fashionista feel lost. Between classes, clubs and maintaining a busy social life, it’s hard to keep up with the latest runway shows. This Fashion Week started on September 4, so stay updated on what’s happening in the big city without leaving campus by using these helpful apps.

Style.comNot everyone has the opportunity to sit front row as top models strut down the catwalk or snap coveted photos at your favorite designer’s show, but everyone can stay updated on their beloved collections all year round! Style.com’s app for iPhone, iPad and Nook Color allows you to browse every look from New York, London, Milan and Paris without leaving your hometown. Use this app to stream videos of fashion shows complete with interviews from you favorite designers or check out snapshots from the hottest parties and stay up to date on the Style.com blog. Style.com is perfect for catching up on NYFW news and photos between classes, so even the busiest fashion-lovers can stay in the know!

ASAP54With a tiny dorm closet and an even tinier budget, the high-fashion runway looks of NYFW seem out of reach and unrealistic. It’s impractical to wear haute couture heels to class, and all too often we trade designer bags for backpacks. However, ASAP54 can help make Liacouras Walk into your own personal runway! When you see a look you love, simply upload a pic to ASAP54 and let the app do the rest. Choose your price range and the article of clothing you’re looking for and ASAP54 will find you affordable options with similar materials, patterns and colors. Get creative! See an awesome pair of flats but wish it came with a heel? Inspired by the colors of a Philadelphia sunset? Have a favorite piece of artwork? Upload pictures of anything and find the next piece for your dream wardrobe!

LIKEtoKNOW.itInstagram is a great tool for fashion inspiration, but you can’t always rely on your favorite Insta-fashionistas to spill the details of their latest “ootd.” LIKEtoKNOW.it isn’t an app, but rather a program that works with your Instagram. Connect your Instagram to LIKEtoKNOW.it and every time you like an authorized Instagram photo, you’ll receive an email with product details. Even Vogue magazine is using LIKEtoKNOW.it, so you can finally get the looks of your favorite magazines, fashion bloggers and Instagrammers while they cover NYFW!

While you use your new favorite apps, remember to keep up with our very own Fashion Week here in Philadelphia! Buy tickets at www.phillyfashionweek.org.

Erin is a sophomore journalism major at Temple University, fashion and lifestyle blogger and ice cream enthusiast. Follow along at Hell in a Headband.