This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCU chapter.

Finals are just around the corner, the weather is getting hotter, the pool is open, and everyone is ready to go home to start their summer. We are in the home stretch! Here are a few yummy and easy DIY summer treats to help you make it in the blazing Texas heat!

1.     Smoothie Pops

These easy, breezy treats are so simple to make and so tasty Try these on a hot summer day by the pool!

2.     S’mores Ice Pops

This is an adorable twist to eating regular old s’mores. Use vanilla ice cream instead of marshmallows and place it on popsicle sticks! Then dip it in Chocolate Magic Shell and roll it in crushed graham crackers!

3.     Chocolate Kiwi

This one is pretty simple. Just slice up a kiwi, put it on a stick, dip it in melted chocolate, and freeze it!

4.     Cocoa Banana Ice Pops

Similar to the chocolate kiwi, these simple treats are simply delicious. Just slice up the bananas, dip them in chocolate, and throw them in the freezer! You can also roll them in different toppings as well! Graham cracker crumbs, pecans, peanuts, sprinkles, chocolate chips, M&M’s, and crushed Oreos all make for super delicious toppings!

5.     Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches

This classic treat is perfect for a day by the pool or out in the heat. Bake some cookies and let them cool, then put a scoop of your favorite ice cream between the two to make a cookie sandwich! (Tip: Use strawberry ice cream for a more summertime flavor!)

6.     Blueberry Cobbler

Blueberry cobbler also makes for a great summertime treat! The fruity and savory flavor with the cold ice cream on top is so refreshing. For a step-by-step recipe, visit this link.

7.     Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza

Yep. This is exactly what it sounds like! Try this yummy dessert in the heat of summer or in the winter! It will always do the trick! For a full recipe, visit this link.

8.     Fruit Salad

This easy and refreshing dish never fails to satisfy. Just cut up some fruit and stick it in a bowl! So refreshing, tasty, and healthy.

I hope these recipes will keep you cool during the summer break and you come back to school refreshed and ready for another great year! Happy summer! (:

Photo Source