The Funniest Guy at Suffolk: Zachary Barker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Suffolk chapter.

Have you ever looked through someone’s twitter history and wanted to “re-tweet” every single thing? That’s how I feel when I look at “@mrzack123”’s page. From his sense of humor to his strikingly good looks, sophomore Zack Barker has made a name for himself at Suffolk University.  When it comes to comedy, the word “talented” is an understatement. I got the chance to interview Zachary after one of his Seriously Bent improv-troop performances.

Full Name: Zachary Barker 

Hometown: Tyngsborough, aka the dirty-t 

Academic Year/Major: Sophomore / Media major 

Astrology Sign: Taurus 

Relationship Status: Forever Alone since 93′ 

Twitter: mrzack123

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/UglyJenna

What are your career goals and ambitions? I want to work somewhere that I can make people happy and laugh. I’d like to attempt stand up comedy but I also want to write comedy for television. My ideal job would be working for SNL as an actor or a writer. 

Why did you choose to come to Suffolk? I chose Suffolk because it had a lot of classes I knew I’d like, but also because of its location. The Boston Common is my front yard and home is only a short train ride away. 

What do you look for in a girl? You can find this information on my online dating profiles. JesusToldMeToo45 at christianmingle.com…..HunkOfHanukkahMan40 at JDate.com…. YouWorshipAFalseIdol23 at Athiestdates.org…. and ALittlePastyForYourTasty12 at Blackpeoplemeet.com. If you don’t want to check these sites all I have to say is I’d like a girl who laughs at my lamest jokes, who is down to earth and kind, who has really nice eyes, and if she liked giving head scratches that’d be dope.

What has been your best experience at Suffolk so far? Making it on to Seriously Bent has definitely been the most significant thing that has happened to me at Suffolk. Everyone on the team is so close and I couldn’t be happier that I’m not only working with them, but have become great friends with them. For a lot of people college means finally growing up, but every week I get to make crowds of people laugh just by playing “pretend” with my friends on stage. We perform every Thursday night at 10 pm in the 150 basement! 

When did you first realize how funny you were? There was never a moment when I thought to myself “Wait a minute Zachary, you are a funny person!” People have always told me that I’m funny, but I’ve never seen myself any funnier than my friends and family. I guess when I made it onto Seriously Bent I finally had that moment when I could confidently feel funnier than I normally do. 

Off the top of your head- what was the most likes/retweets you ever got on a tweet? I have no idea. I know there hasn’t been anything I can brag about though, but that’s because I’m low on followers! So follow me if you enjoy funny tweets and the occasional self loathing ones! 

Tell us more about world’s tallest freshman? I don’t know much about the Worlds Tallest Freshman. I heard he always made trips to the 150 cafe, and looked a lot like me on my roommates shoulders with a blanket wrapped around us, but that’s absurd. I’m just upset I was never in the cafeteria when he made an appearance. 

Zachary, along with his fellow Seriously Bent team mates will compete in the National College Improv Tournament in Chicago next March. In the past Seriously Bent has been extremely successful, placing 2nd at the national conference in 2009. Standout member Zachary Barker might be just what the team needs to take home first place, making 2013 the most successful year ever for the Suffolk’s improv-troop.

Mackenzie's the name, Campus Correspondant for Suffolk is my game.