This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

The world of fashion is quickly transforming with new trends that are constantly on the rise! For example, crop tops, turtlenecks, choker necklaces, and knee-high boots. Do you admire the super cute styles worn by Instagram models and celebrities? Do you want to express and explore your own true style without the expensive cost of having to buy each item? With the website Polyvore, you can design and style outfits according to your unique style online. Polyvore allows you to showcase your outfits, share style inspiration, and express your wardrobe easily with fellow fashion enthusiasts!

After creating an account, Polyvore lets you pick and flip through thousands of fashion items including tops, bottoms, dresses, jewelry, shoes, bags, and more. You can pick your favorite articles of clothing and combine them together to make countless combinations of outfits. Later, you can add cute designs like flowers, backgrounds, accessories, and hairstyles to really make your outfit pop! Below are a few outfits I put together on Polyvore. In addition to styling your own unique outfits, you can view other designers’ outfits and get inspiration from their creations.Everyone has that one article of clothing at home that you are dying to wear, but don’t know how to pull it off. With Polyvore, you can make an entire outfit including that article of clothing (or very similar) to get inspiration. Polyvore is a really fun way to get creative with your style choices and express your fashion-forward tastes. Whether you’re styling outfits for fun, or searching for ideas, Polyvore is a website that allows you to be free, be wild and push your boundaries in fashion.

*I do not own any articles of clothing, All of the images of the clothing are courtesy of Polyvore*

Suzanne Tawch

Stony Brook '20

Pre-Med. Things I like: coffee, Netflix, That 70's Show, memes. Things I don't like: Mondays, Youtube Ads, pineapple on pizza.
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor