Falling in Love (With the HC Survival Kits!)

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

It’s cuffing season. And as if it couldn’t get any worse, it’s my last year of college so let’s just say I can really feel the ticking of the time bomb. Spiraling into this cycle of trying desperately to fall in love with strangers, I’ve been miserably failing at loving one person in particular—myself. So even though it isn’t New Years, I’m going to spend this week trying out a new resolution: falling in love with myself. And what better time to spoil yourself than the week before finals?

Crying is cathartic and believe it or not there’s absolutely nothing wrong with plopping down on your bed and popping in a DVD of A Walk to Remember. Take this time to absorb all of the feels that Mandy Moore pre-This Is Us exudes in an equally heart-wrenching tale that is bound to make you bawl. This week might have been a roller coaster of emotion that’s left you nauseous, but tomorrow—tomorrow will be different. When you wake up you’ll be ready to take on the world.

Staring into the mirror, you realize that while crying felt amazing -the puffy eyes are less than ideal. It’s times like these that you can rely on two essentials: Alba Botanica®’s Puffy Eyes Revive Gel and Lights, Camera, Lashes™ vegan mascara and the Tarteist™ PRO Palette; a little refresher and pick me up to start the day.

Not only are you doing some body loving, but you’re also doing some eco-loving by supporting botanically based, cruelty-free products perfectly suited for both your conscience and your health.

Speaking of health, we all know what usually goes hand in hand with treating yourself: junk food. Chances are that when you had that movie marathon, you were scarfing down popcorn and ice cream. Mentally you might feel better, but your body probably isn’t too happy. After a tiring day of trying to stay awake in class, maybe it’s time to do some mind-numbing jogging. I mean when was the last time you even used the Rec-center? Go for that cardio and bring a little motivation with you by sporting your Less Regret More Sweat tank top.

Going to the gym doesn’t stop you from being fashionable. Join Le Motto in their female empowerment campaign with Allergan and remind yourself that despite everything you can be better and do better. #ActuallySheCan  

You open the door, body all sore and to your surprise, you’re met with a slightly off-key rendition of All I Want for Christmas Is You. You can’t stop yourself from smiling because your roommates are such absolute dorks. Someone tosses a bauble to you which you drop as usual because you’re clumsy AF. Another just laughs and hands you Krazy Glue to fix the ornament.

Little do they know that they’re helping fix you too. You slip in some Salted Caramel & Macadamia and Cloudberry & Lychee Blossom Hand Cream with a note in each of their stockings. “Thanks for always lending me a hand.”

This is it. Surrounding yourself with the people you love and procrastinating by decking the suite hall with tinsel and Christmas lights; the ultimate way to curing your single blues.

I see you've stumbled your way onto my page! Well if there's anything you need to know it's that my blog's like a box of chocolates because you never know what you're gonna get. If you like short and sweet, try a piece on fashion and decor. If you prefer the dark side, you can sample a bit of hard hitting world news. And if you like to spice things up, you can taste test some features on comics, games or tv shows.
Her Campus Stony Brook Founder and Campus Correspondent Stony Brook University Senior Minnesotan turned New Yorker English Major, Journalism Minor