Why we LOVE Stonehill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

There are many reasons to love Stonehill, the beautiful campus, nice students, and great academics to name a few, but there are certain reasons why Stonehill really stands out.  According to our staff, here are five of the top reasons why we love the Hill.

1. Free T-shirts- Since we’re all students on a tight budget, getting anything for free is the greatest, especially a free shirt. Girls gotta have something to wear to work out in.  Whether you get them from Midnight Madness, or from purchasing your Spring Weekend Ticket these shirts are the best. 
  2. The Candy Corner- Whenever you want to satisfy your sweet tooth, Stonehill always comes in clutch with the candy corner, the tiny area near the bakery where you can drop ten dollars off your meal plan in a flash. From savory to sweet, chocolaty to sour, this corner is a go-to after dinner.
  3. The Stonehill Bucket List- By the time you graduate, it is expected that you complete at least a few things on this list. Some of the most popular items include: climb Donahue, sled down Donahue, be Ace for a game, and complete the Stonebridge Challenge. 
  4. Crispy Chicken Wrap Thursday/Taco Tuesday-On Tuesdays and Thursdays you know that the lines in the caf are going to be out of this world because of the tacos and crispy chicken wraps.  These are staples in every Stonehill students diet.
  5. Spring Weekend Shenanigans- Spring Weekend is the weekend that everyone on campus looks forward to most.  This is the weekend where all of the fun happens, with the concert, carnival, and mixer there are few opportunities to be bored.  Especially when this weekend lands on a beautiful weekend, the shenanigan options are endless (especially when wearing matching shirts with friends).  

Kate McCarthy is  a senior at Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts. She is a Communications major and a journalism minor. Although she does not know what she wants to do when she graduates, her dream job is having her own talk show and becoming a one woman sensation, like Oprah. At Stonehill, you can find her  winning championships with her intramural basketball team, swimming laps in O'Hara Pond or reading James Patterson novels in the cafeteria. After a semester studying abroad in the Czech Republic, her main goal in life is to travel the world. She is currently interning in Los Angeles, at the Queen Latifah show.