Packing Up for Summer at Stonehill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

As we all know it’s the end of the year and that means we all need to go home for summer. Not only is everyone sad there saying bye to friends, and stressed from finals, but they have to also worry about the hassle of packing up their entire room!
Here are some tips to think of when packing to go home:

Stonehill tries to help by providing the orange bins you can throw all of your stuff into so its easier to bring to your car. Make sure you find your RA on move out day, in order to find these wonderful and helpful tools to help move you out.

Make a list of what you need to pack, and how you’re going to pack it. Knowing where everything goes will also help you eliminate the stress of moving out, and it will make unpacking easier too. Throw out anything you don’t need, and make sure you recycle paper and plastic items!

For any big items such as furniture or electronics, donate them to SIFE. By doing this you will be donating any unwanted furniture to people who need it. You will also be able to win prizes! To contact SIFE email them at sifefair@gmail.com, so that they can schedule a time to pick up your things.

Try to stay as organized as possible, so that you will ensure as stress free move out.

Happy packing collegiettes!

Photo Source: http://talknerdy2me.org/tag/packing

Meg Lewis

Stonehill

Meg Lewis is a senior at Stonehill College in Easton, MA. She is a Communication major and Journalism minor who hopes to one day be in the Public Relations field. She is as fashion obsessed as it gets, loves to style her friends, read the New York Times Style section on Thursdays and Sundays, and blog in her personal fashion site. Aside from fashion, her interets vary from perfecting the cream-to-coffee ratio in her morning cup of joe, YouTube videos of babies laughing, John Stewart, 90's Saturday Night Live, and unabashedly and continuously dominating her friends' social media feeds.