Chris Borelli ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

This Stonehill Junior is, without a doubt, an up-and-coming star in the music world. Through his heavy involvement in campus activities, as well as his many performances, he is one of the most well-known people on campus. Read on to learn a little more about Chris Borelli!

What are the reasons for your getting involved in music to begin with?

• Not many people know this about me but I have only been seriously rapping since I got to Stonehill freshman year. Prior to that, I was nothing more than just a pianist/vocalist. I went through high school being members of multiple different choirs including jazz choir, select choir, and show choir. In my senior year of high school, I qualified and was a member of the Massachusetts All-State Choir as a bass. By no means did I have any intention on becoming a rap artist and didn’t plan on it either. My reasoning for deciding to get involved has mostly to do with the people I met at Stonehill. If it wasn’t for people like Rex Macapinlac, Kalee Burrows, Devin Mauch, Chris Manke, and Eric Sarra, I wouldn’t be the artist I am today. These individuals all played in a role in my development as an artist and even inspired me to pick up the pen and decide to go for it. It was something so unexpected, but definitely right. 
  •  

How can students give their opinions about your music?
My music can be found and listened to by way of multiple avenues. The main avenue is YouTube, where I post just about every song I record and produce (for the most part). I also an account on DatPiff.com where I released my debut mixtape “Break Chains” on February 3rd of this year. Along with this, people can feel free to speak to me personally and ask me to send them tracks that they enjoyed via email or flash drive

What are the clubs/activities you are involved with on campus?
 Currently, I am the vice president of Stonehill’s Hip Hop Club. I am also the president of the Stonehill’s co-ed a capella group “Surround Sound.” On top of these things, I am also an independent rap artist and perform frequently at various events. 

What is the most rewarding experience you’ve had at Stonehill?
The most rewarding experience I’ve had at Stonehill is simply being at Stonehill. I was blessed enough to attain a full scholarship to attend this institution. Given that, I had already held high expectations for myself prior to starting my college career. But I can honestly say that I had absolutely no plans on becoming a rap artist. In the very beginning, I started out as a business management major and thought that I would pursue the music industry solely for the business aspect of it. I, shortly after freshman year began, changed my major to communication and have been settled with it ever since. 

Meg Lewis

Stonehill

Meg Lewis is a senior at Stonehill College in Easton, MA. She is a Communication major and Journalism minor who hopes to one day be in the Public Relations field. She is as fashion obsessed as it gets, loves to style her friends, read the New York Times Style section on Thursdays and Sundays, and blog in her personal fashion site. Aside from fashion, her interets vary from perfecting the cream-to-coffee ratio in her morning cup of joe, YouTube videos of babies laughing, John Stewart, 90's Saturday Night Live, and unabashedly and continuously dominating her friends' social media feeds.