By living in this crazy Florida weather, the extremities in temperature can cause serious damage to our skin. Sure breakouts, blemishes, and discolorations can occur from stress and an unhealthy diet, but what we don't always realize is the damage being done from the intense heat waves and dry icy nights we've been having recently.
The flip-flop from dry and cold to hot and humid takes a serious toll on our skin. You never really know exactly which route to take.
- It is essential to moisturize every morning and evening before bed no matter what the forecast may be.
- Before applying makeup in the morning, give your face a gentle massage with moisturizer containing little to no oil. This allows your skin to rest and replenish.
- Before the application of makeup you must again apply a light moisturizer, preferably with an SPF to protect from sun damage. Applying this light moisturizer also creates a shield between your make up and skin allowing for a smooth and natural tone.
Sure moisturizing can do wonders for your complexion but don't forget about the healthy snacks that can accomplish that breathtaking glow!
2) Radiant Enriching Snacks
Competing in pageants since I was six months old has given me the ins and outs to healthy snacks, simple fixes, and instant tricks to accomplish flawless skin and hair. My pageant coach always recommended almonds, beats, garlic, honey, and cucumber the weeks prior to a competition. Together these foods may not sound like a yummy combination but separately are delicious additions to any meal! Here are a few ideas to start mixing in these vitamin- rich snacks!
- Add beats to a spinach and fruit salad
- Snack on raw almonds throughout the day
- Mix fresh garlic into and egg-white omelet
- A spoonful of honey in hot tea
- Slice a whole cucumber into sautéed veggies
3) Take Control of Your Blemishes FAST!
Edging upon the days before an event or competition, I was always suggested to apply a dab of raw egg yolk to a blemish before going to sleep at night. Sounds crazy right?!?!? That’s what I thought too, but actually the immense amount of protein and nutrients within an egg yolk can destroy annoying blemishes in one single night! Don’t believe me? Try it, I guarantee you’ll be astonished and ecstatic about your new glowing and flawless skin!
I have stuck to applying these rich in vitamin foods into my daily diet as well as my moisturizing ritual and last minute blemish control, allowing for smooth and healthy skin! It's an easy way to always maintain a glow whether in the rain, humidity, cold, or sunny weather.