October Cardinalscopes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stanford chapter.

Aries

(March 21-April 19)
Aries chicks are so spontaneous. Your friends think of you as a super exciting person with so many ideas. October is your primetime to do what you do best—get involved in some event planning! Only Aries has the creative spark to throw an all-campus event that will really draw everybody. But make sure to follow-through, you tend to have a problem with things that take too much of your attention.

Taurus
(April 20-May 20)
Mama Taurus, that’s what they call you. You’re such a caretaker. Someone in your friend group is having a some trouble adjusting back to school and you’re trying to be there for them as much as you can. But tight-lipped Taurus needs to practice opening up emotionally too. Try venting over a Venti Pumpkin Spice at the new Starbucks with a buddy—you’ll feel so much better.

Gemini
(May 21-June 20)
Talk talk talk talk talk. Geminis can talk for days. At each discussion section and dorm meeting you charm people with your verbosity that you pride as one of your greatest qualities. But in the spirit of fall, think about turning a new leaf and working on your listening skills. Maybe if you try limiting your input to just one comment, it might come out as a real “gem” and impressive everyone in the room.

Cancer
(June 21- July 22)
Fall quarter is a new and exciting time. Get the scoop from your pals on the Row & amp yourself up for all the events that are coming up in October. Sometimes Cancer has the tendency to just want to be comfortable and relax with simple home-y pleasures, but you need to push yourself out of your comfort-zone this month and really take advantage that’s everything that’s out there. I hear Sigma Nu has a party, you going?

Leo
(July 23-August 22)
You’ve probably been told this again and again—You’re a born leader. Now is your time to shake that lion’s mane and show everyone who’s the boss. If you’ve been toying with the idea of running for Dorm President or launching that club, you should go for it with full force. Success is in the stars for Leo ladies this month if they put their minds to it.

Virgo
(August 23-September22)
Giirrrrlll, you have got to stop being so nit picky. Yeah, your roomie forgot to make her bed. AND your hallmates keep leaving their hair in the shower—but you can’t let everything get to you! Embrace your messy side and let out some of that stress by playing some beach volleyball at Wilbur Field. Earth signs like Virgo benefit from quality time spent outdoors.[pagebreak]

Libra
(September 23-October 22)
Happy Birthday Libra! You probably want to celebrate your special day in a calm and peaceful way, your signature style. No drama and no fuss, just some good ol’ quality time with close friends. Try dinner outside of the Stanford Bubble for the big day, take the CalTrain into San Francisco and hit up somewhere trendy for a hip and memorable night. Don’t worry about what everyone else wants though, it’s your day and you get to decide what’s best!

Scorpio
(October 23-November 21)
Serious Scorpios mean business this month, as back to school means buckling down and finally accomplishing your biggest goals. Scorpio is the most powerful sign in the zodiac, and crave deep, meaningful conversation. Use this skill to your advantage and get to know one of your profs really well this quarter. You’re famous for your mesmerizing eyes and intense passion—so, make the most of those qualities and make important connections!

Sagittarius
(November 22-December 21)
The party don’t start ’til you walk in, sassy Sagittarius. In October you’ll be the center of attention everywhere you go because you’re cheerful, social, and well-liked. You’re pumped for Halloween (Mausoleum Party!), and rightfully so, because if all goes as planned your show-stopping outfit will impress crowds of people. Take a chance on a quirky new Aquarius friend—it might be the start of something exciting.

Capricorn
(December 22-January 19)
Time for you to become a little more capricious, Capricorn. Yes, you’re strong, intelligent, ambitious, and self-sufficient—but you’ve been spending WAYYYY too much time at Meyer. Some close friends are starting to think that you prioritize your work over them, and even yourself, too often. The beginning of fall means more opportunities to schedule fun into your life. Shake your bones (your ruling body part) and dance with the band, the whimsical LSJUMB are just what you need.

Aquarius
(January 20-February 18)
No doubt about it, Aquarius girls have SWAG. Never known to follow the crowd, and always down for adventure, people are appreciative of your inventive and original ideas. Keep up the risk taking, go out on a creative limb on a paper or project. Think of a way you can help people, then visit the Haas Public Service center. Personalities like yours are essential to advancement on a large scale.

Pisces
(Feb 19- March 20)
Having trouble decisively declaring a major? Water-sign Pisces girls are very go with the flow—almost to a fault. Summer is over, and after some major events and a little soul-searching, you’re even more confused than before. Instead of getting lost lost paddling in the sea of opportunities at Stanford, channel your stream of passion and energy into a certain direction. Fountain-hopping with friends will help inspire you to jump into one subject full force and give you much needed clarity.  

Allison is the Her Campus Correspondent at Stanford University, majoring in Communication (and maybe Art History!). She is working her way up the magazine ladder in New York City with an editorial internship at InStyle Magazine under her belt.  Originally from Windermere, FL, Allison spends her free time watching football, devouring sweets and online shopping. You can follow her on Twitter at @allisonotis and on Pinterest!