Catwalk Campus: Fall’s Best Trends for Under $50

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stanford chapter.

Straight from every September issue out there, we bring you the most sought after fashion and beauty trends, how to rock them and where you can find them on a budget.

1. Slipper Loafers
These shoes will bring an element of chic to every outfit you wear them with, not to mention how comfy they are. Wear them with a tee shirt and skinny jeans for class or dress them up with a tank top and skirt for a night out.
Find It Here: ‘Suede Loafer’ Gap for 39.95 in 3 different colors; ‘BDG Menswear Loafer” from Urban Outfitters for $24
Credits: H&M Strip sweater/J Brand Jeans/Gap suede loafers in red

2. Not- So-Neutral Nails
After sporting bright colors all summer, wearing your typical shades of neutrals and grays for fall seems so blah. So this season, try replacing those expected hues with colors like burgundy, rich, deep berries, blues and metallics that channel the fall foliage with much more sparkle and shine.
Find It Here: “Good as Gold” from Essie for $8; “Muse” from Sinful Colors for $1.99; “Wine and Dine Color” from Maybelline for $3.99
Credits: Good as Gold (Essie)/Wine and Dine (Maybelline)

3. White out
This stark-white trend is here to stay for the fall. Rock some winter white this season, whether it be a classic tee, structured outerwear, pants or a cozy sweater.
Find It Here: ‘Slim-fit cropped trousers’ from Mango for $34.99; ‘Relaxed Open Knit Sweater’ from Forever 21 for $14.50; ‘Moto Oversized Sleeveless Biker Vest’ from Topshop for $50.
Credits: Isabel Marant sweater/Topshop Moto Oversized Biker Vest

4. Rosy Cheeks
This fall will call for a more natural, pink-toned, rosy flush as opposed to the bronze, peachy glow of summer. What’s cuter than always looking like you just got in from a walk in the crisp fall air?
Find It Here: Revlon’s PhotoReady Cream Blush Flushed for $12.99 at Walgreens; Benefit’s Benetint for $29 at Sephora.
Credits: Michael Kors 2012 Fall Runway look/Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush/Mac “Pink Swoon”/ Benetint

5. Peplum
After dominating two seasons, peplum is still THE silhouette rock, so there is no way to ignore it. It has landed the number one fall trend to work. Wear a tailored peplum with either wide-leg or slim cropped pants to class, or if it’s too hot outside, wear it with shorts and a pair of cute sandals. Try rocking a peplum dress or skirt for a night out as well.
Find It Here: ‘Kimchi Structured Peplum’ from Urban Outfitters for $49; ‘Rampage Striped Peplum top’ from Dillard’s for $39; ‘Blue Heaven Erika Peplum Dress’ from Alloy.com for $34.90;
Credits: Urban Outfitters Kimchi Structured Peplum top/Tibi Striped Peplum Jacket

Allison is the Her Campus Correspondent at Stanford University, majoring in Communication (and maybe Art History!). She is working her way up the magazine ladder in New York City with an editorial internship at InStyle Magazine under her belt.  Originally from Windermere, FL, Allison spends her free time watching football, devouring sweets and online shopping. You can follow her on Twitter at @allisonotis and on Pinterest!