harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Make a study group with friends or people in your class. Studying always seems less daunting when you do it with other people, and extra minds could always offer a new perspective on something.

Keep eating healthy and drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated. The last thing anyone wants is to feel extra sluggish, so stay energized with healthy snacks!

Always remember to take frequent breaks while studying. Depending on how much time you have, take a few minutes to listen to your favorite song or even reflect with a prayer. If you have more time, go for a walk or give your mom a call!

Watch how much caffeine you drink during finals week. While it’s easy to binge on coffee or energy drinks to stay awake, they contain lots of sugars and will cause you to crash later. Caffeine also makes your body jittery, which isn’t helpful when you are trying to relax. 

Make sure you are getting enough sleep. At least 8 hours a night is recommended for you to do your best on your finals. Late night cramming or all-nighters are not good for your body or your grades. Manage your studying time wisely and leave plenty of room for sleep.

Take some time to relax and focus on your goals for the semester. Maybe everything didn’t go as planned, but remember that you did the best that you could. End the semester on a good note by feeling confident about your finals!

Rebecca is a junior politics major at Saint Vincent College. Her dream is to attend law school and be the next Elle Woods. In her free time, Rebecca likes to read, drink lots of coffee, or watch Criminal Minds. Fun Fact: she always carries her pocket Constitution with her!
Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!