StO-Style: Shine like a Hologram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

One of the hottest trends this spring is the holographic trend. Hologram prints have been popping up on runways everywhere. Burberry Prorsum, Stella McCartney, and Jonathan Saunders, to name a few, all sent holographic looks down the runway this spring.

1. $226 – mytheresa.com 2. $17 – amazon.com 3. $25 – forever21.com 4. $80 – nastygal.com 5. $14 – urbanoutfitters.co 6. $69 – urbanoutfitters.co 7. $29 – nastygal.com 8. $33 – asos.com 9. $8.99 – charlotterusse.co 10. $180 – nastygal.com

This trend can be difficult to pull off, but with a little confidence you are sure to shine (literally). If you are apprehensive, try a holographic shoe with a neutral outfit of greys, whites or blacks (or a combination of all three), or paint your nails with #2. Feeling more daring? Try pants #7 or #8 for a look that is sure to turn heads.

So what do you think of this trend? How would you wear holographic pieces?

Shine and stay fashionable, St. Olaf!

Cover photo from here, style board made with Polyvore

Katie is a recent graduate (and proud alum - UM YA YA!) of St. Olaf College, a small liberal arts college in Minnesota. A true Minnesota girl through and through, Katie was formerly a fashion blogger and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus St. Olaf College before becoming a contributing writer for the national site. She currently works as a marketing assistant and is interested in further pursuing a career in marketing, PR, journalism, editing...(she has no idea, if you can't tell). Katie is passionate about traveling and wants to stamp up her passport as much as possible. Katie enjoys social media, blogs, Speculoos cookie butter, dressing for success, fashion magazines and extensively quoting pop culture in social situations (especially 30 Rock). Her one party trick is knowing all the words to "Freaks and Geeks" by Childish Gambino.   
Bri attends St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota and is majoring in Psychology with concentrations in Media Studies and Women's Studies. She is most passionate about writing, traveling, cooking, hand-written letters and cheering on the Minnesota Vikings and Wisconsin Badgers. In her free time, she enjoys running, photography, attempting to blog and spending time with her amazing family and friends. She is currently an Arts & Entertainment Editor for the St. Olaf College newspaper with the lovely Lucy Casale and aspires to further explore the field of journalism after graduation.