Ole Thoughts: St. Olaf Menu Hacks That You NEED To Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

There is no doubt in the world that college students love food and here at St. Olaf, we have some of the best food in the country. However, after months of eating your “usual” (we all have one), you realize that it’s time to mix things up a bit. Here are some menu hacks to use at St. Olaf!

THE CAGE SECRET MENU: 

Natalie’s London Fog: Politely ask for a vanilla steamer (NOT THE SUGAR FREE KIND) with your choice of milk. Natalie prefers two percent milk because she believes it’s creamier. After you receive your steamer, buy or bring your own Earl Gray tea bag and put it inside your vanilla steamer. Kick back, relax, listen to “A Foggy Day In London Town” and enjoy your delicious London Fog.

The Thin Mint Mocha: Kindly ask for a mocha with a double shot of espresso and a shot of mint flavoring. After you receive your drink, order a plain sugar cookie. Use the cookie to dunk into your mocha when it is too hot. Thin Mint Mocha’s are perfect for stressful days OR days that you want to TREAT YO’ SELF.

THE PAUSE SECRET MENU:

Junior’s Chicken Tender Melt: Happily order a side of garlic cheese bread. When they ask you if you want marinara politely say “No thank you. May I have ranch instead?” The Pause worker should say yes. Afterwards, order 4 chicken strips. Patiently wait for your order to be called and then it’s ASSEMBLING TIME. Take two of your four chicken strips and place them on one slice of your garlic cheese bread. Next, pile on the ranch dressing over the top and sandwich the beauty with your other slice of garlic cheese bread. CUT YOUR SANDWICH IN HALF AND BE TRANSPORTED TO DELICIOUS-VILLE.

The Mediterranean Pita Pizza: Enthusiatically order a pita pizza. Instead of marinara sauce ask for your sauce base to be either regular hummus, red pepper hummus, or firey feta hummus. For toppings, make sure to get spinach, tomatos, onions, green peppers, black olives, and mushrooms. Then, add a suggestion on the Pause suggestion board asking to put feta back on the toppings list so that you can have the mega Mediterranean Pita Pizza. Until then, *cough Pause KM’s cough* enjoy your mostly Mediterranean Pita Pizza.

What are your favorite secret menu items on campus? Tell us in the comments below and be featured in a future Ole Thoughts menu hack post!

-LNM

GIF 1GIF2, GIF3, GIF4