Joe Briesemeister ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Name: Joe Briesemeister

Year of graduation: 2016

Major/concentration: Econ and Math, with finance and stats concentrations

Relationship status: Quite single

Favorite place to study: Dark corners of the library

Favorite food: Ice cream

Favorite movie: Pulp Fiction

Hobbies: Tennis and movies

If you were to be stranded on a desert island with a celebrity, which celebrity would you want to be stranded with and why?: Tom Hanks because he’d know what to do

Favorite TV show and why?: 30 Rock because it’s clever and smart, like me

What is your favorite building on campus tomorrow and why?: Buntrock because the food and movies are there

What are your summer plans?: Participating in the Mayo Innovation Scholars program on campus

Describe yourself in one word: Particular

Call or text?: Text

What is your ideal date?: Catching a movie followed by late night McDonalds

Finish this sentence: A girl looks her best when… she’s sneezing

What do you want the ladies of St. Olaf to know?: I’m more scared of you than you are of me

Maggie is a junior at St. Olaf, currently majoring in Spanish and Latin American Studies with a concentration in media studies.  She runs for the St. Olaf cross-country and track teams, writes for the school newspaper, and tries to do her homework in the downtime. Maggie enjoys spending time with her family and friends, reading, biking, skiing, and swimming.  She's excited to be a part of the Her Campus community!  Um Ya Ya!
Jessica is a senior at St. Olaf College majoring in English with concentrations in media studies and Middle Eastern studies. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing and editing news stories, and encouraging younger Oles to express their skills and talents through writing. She also is an editor for the school's student newspaper, The Manitou Messenger, and a writer for the college's marketing and communications office. In her (limited) free time, she enjoys eating pita and hummus from the Cage, curling up in a Buntrock window seat with a good book, and checking things off her senior bucket list.