Five-Minute Finals-Wear: Spring Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Hello fashionistas!

Congratulations collegiates! We’ve done it! Classes are officially over and now it is time to crush our finals. Being the fashionistas you all are, I know you want to look good and feel good when you’re taking your finals. So, here are some quick, five-minute finals wear fashion ideas! Be inspired!

Jean Shorts + Sweater

This is the perfect combination for finals-wear. Seeing that we are kind of stuck in an awkward weather rut, it is good to layer your clothes in case it cools down or heats up in your classroom. Jean shorts and a sweater, whether a cardigan, an oversized, or a light summer sweater, will be easy to throw on in the morning and you’ll look and feel great all day! Spice things up with some jewelry or a patterned belt. 

Color-blocking

Another perfect option for finals-wear is to color-block. So… what’s color-blocking? Well, think of pairing two bold but complementary colors together. Try orange and royal blue, maroon and gray, kelly green and pink… and think one color on top, the other on bottom. So if you’ve been hiding your bold pair of pink pants in the back of your closet for the past few months, take them out and give them a try this finals week! This energetic and fun look will make you feel bold and confident – perfect for finals week!

Maxi Dress

There is no better way for a fashionista to look super cute and feel extremely comfortable at the same time then when she is wearing a maxi dress! Keep this fashion staple in mind when dressing for finals. Not only will you look and feel confident and stylish, but you will also be clothed in comfort! Don’t forget to layer something on top in case it’s a bit chilly. Try a chambray or a cardigan to add extra dimension to the look!

Shorts + Flannel

You may be thinking, flannel in the spring? Well, believe it or not, flannel can function as amazing outerwear. Think of pairing your distressed denim shorts with a graphic tee and an un-buttoned flannel! This will create an edgy and stylish look! Try pairing the shorts, flannel, and graphic tee with Birkenstocks, TOMS, or Converse to complete the look! This is also an extremely comfy look, yet it is still perfectly stylish! Awesome for finals when no one wants to spend too much time on their outfit. 

Romper

Finally, a romper is a great option for finals-wear. A romper is comfortable and stylish, as well as extremely practical! You basically only have to pick out one clothing item, and you’re set! Maybe think of layering a sweater or jean jacket over the romper to out-smart Mother Nature, however. Nonetheless, a romper is perfect finals-wear!

Well fashionistas, soon finals will be over! I hope you have been inspired by these finals-wear looks. Be sure to give one (or more) a try this week! 

Also, I hope you have had an awesome year! I have absolutely loved blogging for StO-Style this year, and I hope you have enjoyed my fashion posts! I hope you have learned some new tips and have been inspired! Anyway, thanks for reading and have a wonderful, adventure-filled summer! Until next year…

Stay fashionable, Oles! xoxo

Cover, Shorts+Sweater, Color-Blocking, Maxi Dress, Shorts+Flannel, Romper

Kate Roy is a junior, Psychology and Dance double major at St. Olaf College. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus St. Olaf, she enjoys writing, editing, and helping her fellow Oles get their voices heard. Kate is involved in CompanyDance, the modern dance company at St. Olaf. In her free time, Kate loves to spend time with friends, listen to music, browse Her Campus, flip through fashion magazines, and eat chocolate.  Kate is a fashionista and has a passion for all things dealing with fashion. She works at Madewell, and enjoys getting experience in the fashion world. Kate headed the Her Campus St. Olaf College style blog, StO-Style (now Snapshot), for the 2013-2014 school year. She loved this position and hopes to continue her fashion writing in the future. Kate is extrememly excited to share the position of Campus Correspondent for the 2014-2015 school year and expand her involvement with St. Olaf's Her Campus Chapter.