I found this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, the Picky Palate. I love her blog because she is always creating outrageous variations on basic baked goods, like her Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies, which are to die for! When I saw her recipe for Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cake Bars I knew I had to give them a try.
The outcome was a cakey, Oreoy, chocolate bar of goodness. I baked these at home and sent them with my sister when she went to hang out with friends. Needless to say, the pan came back empty.
All you need is:
- 1 devils food cake mix
- 8 tbl (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 14 Oreo cookies, broken into bite sized pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9x13 baking pan with tin foil sprayed with non stick spray.
- Mix cake mix, butter, and egg into a large bowl and mix (using your hands works best) until combined. Press into prepared baking pan. Top with broken cookie pieces.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over cookies and top with chocolate chips. Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then run a knife around the edges to loosen. Let cool completely, remove foil from pan then cut into squares.