This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Olaf chapter.

Name: Colton Rod

Year of graduation: 2015

Major/concentration: Exercise Science

Relationship status: Single

Favorite place to study: Usually you can find me in the Jungle of the Pause, but if I’m really trying to focus I like to work on the fourth floor of the library.

Favorite food: Anything from Chipotle. Seriously, if you want to spend time with me, take me to Chipotle.

Favorite movie: I’m a sucker for every Pixar movie. My favorites are Toy Story (1, 2, and 3), The Incredibles, and Up.

Hobbies: Running, spending time with friends, reading, skiing, fishing, volleyball, and music (just to name a few!).

What’s your favorite part of being on the St. Olaf cross country team? The sense of camaraderie on our team is unreal. The other guys on the team are some of my best friends on campus, mostly because we voluntarily subject ourselves to five miles of self-inflicted pain each race day. I’m extremely competitive, so I love being able to compete at the collegiate level, and it also keeps me looking fit!

If you could be a character in a novel, who would you be and why? Probably Mikael Blomkvist from Steig Larsson’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo because he uses his wits to solve mysteries and evade danger. 

What’s your favorite animal and why? I’m a dog love because dogs are so much more than a pet, they’re like a best friend!

What is your favorite cereal? People will think I’m weird, but I love Raisin Bran.

Describe yourself in one word: Unpredictable

Call or text?: If you have a quick question that you need answered then shoot me a text, but if you want to have a conversation, call me!

What is your ideal date?: Dinner at a hole in the wall restaurant followed by a long scenic walk to talk about our family, friends, passions, etc.

Finish this sentence: A girl looks her best when… she’s smiling! Ole Women are so approachable because most usually wear a smile around campus.

What do you want the ladies of St. Olaf to know? Be bold! You’re all beautiful and intelligent in your own way, so go after what (or who) you want! Most guys, including myself, would be pleasantly surprised to be actively pursued by a girl on campus.

All photos supplied by Colton Rod’s Facebook account.

Maggie is a junior at St. Olaf, currently majoring in Spanish and Latin American Studies with a concentration in media studies.  She runs for the St. Olaf cross-country and track teams, writes for the school newspaper, and tries to do her homework in the downtime. Maggie enjoys spending time with her family and friends, reading, biking, skiing, and swimming.  She's excited to be a part of the Her Campus community!  Um Ya Ya!